Dell Latitude D620 - Mac 10.6 no network

vz90954

Hey,

i installed Mac 10.6 from a retail DVD - afterwards i upgraded to 10.6.8 combo.

the installation went without errors (at least i think).

i have sound, BT, mouse and KB working good.

the only issue is, i don't have network. no LAN and no WIFI.

i tried to install EDP but it doesn't work without network connection.

can anyone help me with this?

• Administrators

Well, I guess you did not do your installation with OSXL's bootpack (maybe you used a distro?). Use our bootpack or extract the Broadcom kext that's in it and you'll have LAN at least. For wireless, well it depends entirely on the card you have. Look at the non-exhaustive inventory we've made in the R&D->Hardware->Network section. You may or may not need a kext, but it sounds like you need one. Remember that Intel cards are not supported.

Honest i'm not an expert

I used the D620SLV1 iso to boot into the installaion, and now i use it to boot the installed OS.

I tried to boot from the booloader that EDP installs, but it boots to a black screen. Is there a way to make this work? with the D620SLV1 it boots perfect

I somehow managed the LAN (but no wifi)

• Administrators

Look at our EDP pages on the web site, you'll find everything you need: installation guide, compatibility charts and bootpacks. What you've used is somehow obsolete nowadays... Bear in mind that you cannot run EDP the way you did as it is meant to be run on Mac OS X installations done with myHack. Running it on that obsolete installation you did will indeed cause issues.

All D620 will run Snow Leopard or Lion without issue (in 32bit kernel mode).

For ML guides, look at the forum section called: Supported Models with Guides. You need a special hack called MLPF to get ML to run on those (normally unsupported) laptops.

• Administrators

You can simply use Chameleon Wizard. The latest version is 4.2.2 and you can download it off the Net. In the Install tab, select the target version (v2248 or above), select your target HDD partition and click install button at the bottom.

You may have to boot via your USB installation key to get into SL and download/run Cham Wizard, but you'll get there.

• Like 1