Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Nice work Dinesh! Can you also make it show as 'built-in' bluetooth? Or is that impossible with an USB Bluetooth adapter.

Nevermind; made some edits to your Bluetooth kext and now it shows as Built In (screenshot). However still no Handoff in Yosemite.

I have the opposite problem, I have the CE123H adapter and the wifi works perfectly. The bluetooth just will not work. I am using an HP 840 G1 laptop and I am not able to see the bluetooth device at all in windows 8.1 or osx. I fear that the device is booting up with the bluetooth disabled and there is no dedicated button to turn bluetooth on. I have tried injecting both the dell and default AzureWave device IDs and it doesn't appear to be working. I'm about to give up on this card since I am unable to view the needed IDs to load the kext. Is there a better card that I should try? I have the latest bios and this it the last device that I need to configure. Thanks.

WTF!!!!!! I fixed the issue by removing the battery and draining the energy out with the power button pressed. How can it be possible with the firmware damaged  !?

Can you give me your system log, ioreg and System profiler info without using my kext so i can take a look at whether your device need firmware update or not? PM me your details please as i can't keep up here sometimes.

Using the GC WB867D-I with the BCM4352 and I can't get the kext to load, tried using different versions (2.1 and 2.5.2  so far) but nothing. The wifi works fine but the bluetooth card isn't recognized at all. 

Using Kext Wizard I can see the BTFirmware kext isn't loaded however it is in my Systems/Library/Extensions folder

also tried -f in boot to force it and also resetting permissions in Kext Wizard, gonna try other methods of manually loading it I guess

Send me your system log, ioreg file and system profiler info so i can check on your device id values and see what could be problem.

tks for share, will it work correctly in 10.10 and enable the handofff?

Nice work Dinesh! Can you also make it show as 'built-in' bluetooth? Or is that impossible with an USB Bluetooth adapter.

Nevermind; made some edits to your Bluetooth kext and now it shows as Built In (screenshot). However still no Handoff in Yosemite.

Well, the handoff feature is Apple own implementation so this firmware patch (which is only to provide the update needed for some devices to work with the all the functionalities according to Bluetooth standards with the drivers) doesn't going to help for this handoff specifically. We might need to look into the Bluetooth drivers of OSX and the Apple Bluetooth firmware for any ideas.

I'll try to look into this more soon and will share if i was able to find anything i can do in Apple bluetooth binary or firmware update.

• Like 1

I have the opposite problem, I have the CE123H adapter and the wifi works perfectly. The bluetooth just will not work. I am using an HP 840 G1 laptop and I am not able to see the bluetooth device at all in windows 8.1 or osx. I fear that the device is booting up with the bluetooth disabled and there is no dedicated button to turn bluetooth on. I have tried injecting both the dell and default AzureWave device IDs and it doesn't appear to be working. I'm about to give up on this card since I am unable to view the needed IDs to load the kext. Is there a better card that I should try? I have the latest bios and this it the last device that I need to configure. Thanks.

Well, seems like your bluetooth is not detected. Read the posts from this link which could be related to you: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/page-18

• Like 1

hello, can anyone help me. i have managed to make my bluetooth be seen by osx 10.9. the problem is that is seen as bluetooth device but i can`t find any devices.

I have attached 2 screens from system manager

kQUx4Io.png

rcVjeB2.png

What is the model name of your bluetooth? is it standalone bluetooth or comes in Combo with WiFi? Send me your ioreg file and system profiler info without my kext so i can take a look?