Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

bluetooth does not init ok after sleep

What are your device ids? PM me your ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 and System log from Console after sleep.

Radus-MacBook-Pro:log tr$ cat system.log|grep -i blue
Aug  3 12:41:51 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][sendHCIRequest] -- mBluetoothUSBHostController->DeviceRequest() returned 0xE0004057 (kIOUSBEndpointNotFound) -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:41:51 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE0004057) -- kIOUSBEndpointNotFound
Aug  3 12:41:51 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][sendHCIRequest] -- mBluetoothUSBHostController->DeviceRequest() returned 0xE0004057 (kIOUSBEndpointNotFound) -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:41:51 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][EnqueueRequestForController] -- SendHCIRequestToTransport failed, error (0xE0004057) -- kIOUSBEndpointNotFound
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] -- ClearPipeStall( true ) failed 0xE000404F (kIOUSBPipeStalled) -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] -- Calling DoDeviceReset() due to the error of posting a read on the Interrupt pipe -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][DoDeviceReset] -- success = FALSE -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubResetThreadEntry] -- 0x2800
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- entering -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- in our workloop -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- calling myHub->ReEnumerateDevice() -- gEnumerateCounter = 1
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- exit; error = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess)
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth detected
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Bluetooth Firmware Uploader v2.5.2 Final Copyright © 2012-2014 EMlyDinEsH (OSXLatitude).
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x1000 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x1000
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 2.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 3.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 4.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 5.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - no more retries.
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IOBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware -- failed to get the buffer size from the Bluetooth module -- re-enumerating device
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][hardwareSetupComplete] Failed setup: 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout)
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x10 - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4260.4.1/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:24451
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0x5000 -- 0xbeef ****

ioreg-syslog.zip

have you tried turning off wake from usb in bios.

If I turn off the option in the BIOS OS X still wakes, it seems that OS X overrides the option in BIOS.

If I turn off the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" it won't wake (obviously), but I would like to try first if it can actually work, rather than turning it off.

Out of curiosity, did you connect the proper antennae into the proper places? Did you clean the antennae before installing? I think the bios doesn't play well with combo cards. Does the same occur with windows or linux?

swapped the antenna cables with no luck... last update is I've edited toledas kext to include our vid and pid and this enabled me to turn on and off bluetooth after reboot. weird thing is that when I turn bluetooth on my wifi dies. and when I turn it back off wifi works again.

I don't have access to windows wit if get some time I'll make a bootable ubuntu stick.

By now I'm just giving up on bluetooth until I have more time to play with this.  Thank you for your help!

swapped the antenna cables with no luck... last update is I've edited toledas kext to include our vid and pid and this enabled me to turn on and off bluetooth after reboot. weird thing is that when I turn bluetooth on my wifi dies. and when I turn it back off wifi works again.

I don't have access to windows wit if get some time I'll make a bootable ubuntu stick.

By now I'm just giving up on bluetooth until I have more time to play with this.  Thank you for your help!

When you say wifi dies, do you mean that it disappears or does it refuse to connect? Best thing for now is install another operating system and check if the same behavior occurs so that we can rule out bios issues.

I wonder if there is another firmware available to use for the aw-ce123h? I think the firmware causes an interference with wifi because if I turn wifi off, the signal doesn't break up and the range is exceptional (RSSI:-54)but when wifi is turned on, (RSSI:-70's to -80) but in windows the range is perfect with wifi on. I would like to beta test if anything can be done to improve bluetooth because I am sure someone else is having this issue as well?

I wonder if there is another firmware available to use for the aw-ce123h? I think the firmware causes an interference with wifi because if I turn wifi off, the signal doesn't break up and the range is exceptional (RSSI:-54)but when wifi is turned on, (RSSI:-70's to -80) but in windows the range is perfect with wifi on. I would like to beta test if anything can be done to improve bluetooth because I am sure someone else is having this issue as well?

Wonder what would happen if I select standalone firmware on a combo card? Would it corrupt it?

bluetooth does not init ok after sleep

Radus-MacBook-Pro:log tr$ cat system.log|grep -i blue
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] -- ClearPipeStall( true ) failed 0xE000404F (kIOUSBPipeStalled) -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][ClearFeatureInterruptEndpointHalt] -- Calling DoDeviceReset() due to the error of posting a read on the Interrupt pipe -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][DoDeviceReset] -- success = FALSE -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubResetThreadEntry] -- 0x2800
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- entering -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- in our workloop -- 0x2800 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- calling myHub->ReEnumerateDevice() -- gEnumerateCounter = 1
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][HubReset] -- exit; error = 0x0000 (kIOReturnSuccess)
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth detected
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Bluetooth Firmware Uploader v2.5.2 Final Copyright © 2012-2014 EMlyDinEsH (OSXLatitude).
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][start] -- completed -- result = TRUE -- 0x1000 ****
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification -- 0x1000
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 2.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 3.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 4.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 5.
Aug  3 12:45:09 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][interruptReadHandler] -- Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - no more retries.
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IOBluetoothHCIController::setupHardware -- failed to get the buffer size from the Bluetooth module -- re-enumerating device
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: [iOBluetoothHCIController][hardwareSetupComplete] Failed setup: 0x0010 (kBluetoothHCIErrorHostTimeout)
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: REQUIRE_NO_ERR failure: 0x10 - file: /SourceCache/IOBluetoothFamily_kexts/IOBluetoothFamily-4260.4.1/Core/Family/HCI/IOBluetoothFamily.cpp:24451
Aug  3 12:45:19 Radus-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [iOBluetoothHCIController][protectedBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Error!! -- Something went wrong in the setup process. Could not communicate with Bluetooth Transport successfully -- 0x5000 -- 0xbeef ****

I've requested you to use IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower for ioreg but you used new version so its corrupted. Please get your ioreg again using v2.1 or lower so i can help you if find your device ids.

PM me for beta test as i've new version 2.6 which has updates and changes to firmware used for each device to test.

If you want to use my kext then remove other kext injectors because it might get conflicts. For WiFi, you can patch kext or DSDT yourself if you follow the thread i've provided for 5Ghz WiFi of BCM4352.

Thanks for your work on this! Installed 2.5.2 and was able to get Bluetooth working on the Atheros 3012 combo card that came with my Dell XPS 8500! Saves me having to buy another adapter and use up a USB port! There was a slight delay after I rebooted before Bluetooth showed as available, but it did come up and I was able to pair a mouse.