Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsh,
I have bought a BCM94352HMB combo Wifi+BT card and I have been reading and searching articles to make it fully work.
The Wifi works perfectly with the toleda's BCM4352.kext, however, I am still having troubles with the Bluetooth.
I have installed your kext and I know it successfully loaded in the system.log, but in system profiler, "connectable" shows "No" and "discoverable" shows "off". Tried to pair a Magic Mouse but the bluetooth manager just keep searching. I am so frustrated now after hours of try!

Attached are the IOReg and the screenshoots of the system profiler, please take a look into it and I hope you could kindly help with this common problem on a combo card.

post-61931-0-28010600-1408568077_thumb.png

post-61931-0-14876000-1408568081_thumb.png

Tat's Mac mini.zip

post-61931-0-99402900-1408568213_thumb.png

Here's my ioreg file: attachicon.gifioreg.ioreg.zip

I switch frequently from OS X to Windows so really need this to work quickly. Having to bend down under my desk to reach the power button isn't helpful as part of the process. :-(

Oh, and regarding my current boot issue: I had issues booting even using my "known good" Clover off my install USB stick. When Mavericks boots it seems to boot up fine, then logs in automatically and promptly restarts. I checked the kernel panic logs and the first extension in backtrace is com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily. Unfortunately this seems to point fingers at this kext. I'm going to uninstall and see if my system works properly. This panic/restart doesn't happen every time, as the system booted now and I was able to pair my mouse. I can send my panic logs if it helps.

When it doesn't panic, I get messages during startup for BTFirmware Uploader : Failed to get device state, error. This is repeated three times with -536854449 twice and -536870163 once. Then it says "failed to patch the firmware" but apparently tries again as it eventually says "Successfully patched the firmware and loaded sysconfig into device" and then works.

Well, you may get those errors because my kext was loaded so early in the boot process even before your device is ready to respond so it tried back again after some time then it succeeded at the end with patch success message. How and where did you install my kext? It works best if you have it in SLE. Let me see your system log file from Console app so i can take a look more. PM me for beta test so i can give you new build.

Hi EMlyDinEsh,

I have bought a BCM94352HMB combo Wifi+BT card and I have been reading and searching articles to make it fully work.

The Wifi works perfectly with the toleda's BCM4352.kext, however, I am still having troubles with the Bluetooth.

I have installed your kext and I know it successfully loaded in the system.log, but in system profiler, "connectable" shows "No" and "discoverable" shows "off". Tried to pair a Magic Mouse but the bluetooth manager just keep searching. I am so frustrated now after hours of try!

Attached are the IOReg and the screenshoots of the system profiler, please take a look into it and I hope you could kindly help with this common problem on a combo card.

Try to delete the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from /Library/Preferences and reboot then try to pair from Notebook (as there is a bug in visibility with OSX driver which sometimes doesn't show itself). PM me so i can give you new build i've been working on so you can try. 

EDIT: Seems like your firmware was not updated to new one as i can see from the picture which is still v4096, thats why it was not working properly. Lets try the new build and send me your system log from Console app for each so i can check.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I have the same problem of meattattat.

I have bought a BCM4352 combo Wifi+BT card, the Wifi works perfectly but still having troubles with the Bluetooth.
I have a Probook 4540s with Clover bootloader and your kext was installed in the EFI partition.

In system profiler, "connectable" shows "No" and "discoverable" shows "off". Tried to pair a Magic Mouse but the bluetooth manager just keep searching.

Attached are the IOReg, system.log and the screenshoots of the system profiler,

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot

post-63259-0-11265300-1408641822_thumb.png

post-63259-0-41211100-1408641826_thumb.png

post-63259-0-24864900-1408641831_thumb.png

IOReg_syslog.zip

Try to delete the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from /Library/Preferences and reboot then try to pair from Notebook (as there is a bug in visibility with OSX driver which sometimes doesn't show itself). PM me so i can give you new build i've been working on so you can try. 

EDIT: Seems like your firmware was not updated to new one as i can see from the picture which is still v4096, thats why it was not working properly. Lets try the new build and send me your system log from Console app for each so i can check.

Deleted the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and reboot but still no luck, even with a brand new magic trackpad.

Please send me the latest build for a try :?

Well, you may get those errors because my kext was loaded so early in the boot process even before your device is ready to respond so it tried back again after some time then it succeeded at the end with patch success message. How and where did you install my kext? It works best if you have it in SLE. Let me see your system log file from Console app so i can take a look more. PM me for beta test so i can give you new build.

I had it in SLE. Weirdest thing -- I uninstalled the kext due to the kernel panics, and Bluetooth is still working, even after a cold boot. Maybe I don't need this after all to get my adapter working? Or is there any chance the firmware upload could stick? So, yeah, as long as BT works I'm probably not going to reinstall. 

Thanks this fixed my lack of bluetooth functionality on the Intel NUC D34010WYK, with the PCIe half height AR9285.

I installed your (Thanks) BTFirmwareUploader_v2.5_FInal.zip which fixed Bluetooth on the NUC running 10.9.1

For the Wifi fix, I made the one edit which has been mentioned in various places for the AR9285 in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents

Adding the line all of this was found on various OS X sites that all spoke to this change/fix. Edit Info.plist

Find the line that looks like the line below.                                                   

<string>pci168c,24</string>

Add the new line that contains the following (looks like below)  

<string>pci168c,30a1</string>:

Now the AR9285 provides both Bluetooth (Thanks OSXLatitude again), and wifi on my NUC running 10.9.1

I am using AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB on my Intel NUC DC3217IYE and the Wifi is working great, the BT works really well on my Logitech T651 rechargeable trackpad, but my first cheap bluetooth keyboard wasn't reconnecting and the bluetooth preference pane would lock up on me, so I removed it and got a Logitech K760 solar keyboard which definitely performs better but if I leave it for awhile and come back, it's disconnected and the preference pane freezes up again. Usually I just reboot and it reconnects fine. 

Anyone seen this happen? Why is it just my keyboards having the problem, and what might be making the preference pane beachball on me?

[edit: replaced IO802Family, IONetworkingFamily, and IOBluetoothFamily with vanilla kexts and started over with these instructions and it seems to be fixed. http://www.tonycrapx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114961-jays-monkeybook-pro-ultimate-sony-vpc-se-customac-build-50.html#post774456]