Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Can you PM me details and System log when it shows up as 4096 instead 5546?

Hello,

sometime the firmware is "V14 C4096" and i can't use Bluetooth ! 

and sometime the firmware is "v14 c5590" and everything is working correctly , mouse, airdrop...

copy of USB info  with firmware c5590 :

Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 Controller (LiteOn BCM4352 BT) :

Identifiant du produit : 0x200b

Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x04ca  (Lite-On Technology Corp.)

Version : 1.12

Numéro de série : 24FD5201D4CC

Vitesse : Jusqu’à 12 Mb/s

Fabricant : Broadcom Corp

Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x1d130000 / 4

Courant disponible (mA) : 500

Courant requis (mA) : 0

Intégré : Oui

How to force start with the correct firmware version , if possible ?
Thank

edit 1: finally, i use BTfirmwareUploader v2.3 with Firmware=3 and now is loading everytime firmware "V14 c5452" and BT work correctly .take 6 seconds to wakeup BT after sleep.

V 2.6 didn't work for me ! is loading "V14 C4096" most of time and can not pair devices.

if someone know how to force V14 C5590 in V2.6 , please let me know !

thank for your support

Hello,

sometime the firmware is "V14 C4096" and i can't use Bluetooth ! 

and sometime the firmware is "v14 c5590" and everything is working correctly , mouse, airdrop...

copy of USB info  with firmware c5590 :

Broadcom USB Bluetooth 4.0 Controller (LiteOn BCM4352 BT) :

Identifiant du produit : 0x200b

Identifiant du fournisseur : 0x04ca  (Lite-On Technology Corp.)

Version : 1.12

Numéro de série : 24FD5201D4CC

Vitesse : Jusqu’à 12 Mb/s

Fabricant : Broadcom Corp

Identifiant de l’emplacement : 0x1d130000 / 4

Courant disponible (mA) : 500

Courant requis (mA) : 0

Intégré : Oui

How to force start with the correct firmware version , if possible ?
Thank

edit 1: finally, i use BTfirmwareUploader v2.3 with Firmware=3 and now is loading everytime firmware "V14 c5452" and BT work correctly .take 6 seconds to wakeup BT after sleep.

V 2.6 didn't work for me ! is loading "V14 C4096" most of time and can not pair devices.

if someone know how to force V14 C5590 in V2.6 , please let me know !

thank for your support

post-2663-0-98047000-1416576657_thumb.png

Is anyone else having trouble with firmware uploading after updating to 10.10.1?

I have a Broadcom BCM4352 based combined 802.11ac dual band + Bluetooth 4.0 card and this firmware updater was working great until I updated to 10.10.1, now it fails every time. Annoyingly I can't get a note of the exact message(s) as they scroll past too quickly and doesn't seem to have been logged anywhere that I can't see (let me know if I've missed it somehow). The errors seem to be originating from IOBluetoothFamily though, I haven't noticed any firmware uploader messages like normal.

This would very rarely happen before, but a restart would fix it, but I've already restarted five or six times today to try to smooth out other update issues and every time Bluetooth has failed to work

I'm attaching my Clover boot.log in case it has any clues, otherwise I'm not sure what to provide, so let me know!

Also, I'm using v2.6.

[edit]

It might be okay to disregard this, though I have absolutely no idea why; today my Bluetooth firmware is suddenly working just fine once more and I can't explain it. I can't think of anything I might have done that would have affected it, as I already tried rebuilding the kernel cache yesterday when I was having the trouble.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on it, as I'm hoping to use a Bluetooth keyboard for normal use if I can.

bootlog.log.txt

Desperately trying to make it work for a few hours with no luck, so much time has been wasted  :|

I use BCM94352HMB with AzureWare CE123H bluetooth, pid 0x3404 vid 0x13d3, chipset 20702A3, on Yosemite 10.10.1.

The kext seems to have found the BT adapter, saying

14/12/4 16:53:24.000 kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Broadcom Bluetooth hardware found

but apparently does not upload the firmware at all, with no log related to firmware uploading in system log... 

If I reboot from Windows, bluetooth works flawlessly with FW version v14c57xx ( didn't remember it clearly ), but after sleep or cold boot, bluetooth cannot find and connect any devices with FW version v14c4096

Tested v2.3 and v2.6 of the kext, with Firmware=3 or 0, DeviceSpecificFW=YES or NO, none of the configs work. :|

In order to make handoff work, I replaced IOBluetoothFamily.kext with a patched version from 10.10, it doesn't affect the FW uploading thing I suppose...

Pls fix the bug soon, I'd appreciate it very much.  :-) 

Or pls tell me more about Firmware parameter in v2.3, cuz I can't find the information on this thread any more and it might help.

Thanks for your hard work anyway!

Hi,

I have used this patch successfully before with Mavericks, but since I've upgraded to Yosemite I can't pair any device any more, I can see the bluetooth option on my system configuration, but it's impossible to discover any device.

I'm using an Asus z97 pro wi-fi

Any directions or suggestiong would be much appreciated.

cheers