Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

EmlyDinesh,

Some more information. Firstly I installed BTFirmwareuploader V 2.0 in S/L/E using kext wizard, corrected the permissions, on boot used -f to force all kexts to load, but BTFirmware kext does not get loaded, so used kext wizard to load the kext manually and I get an error message in system log as illustrated in the attached picture.

Second observation to be pointed out is that the BT does not get detected in either Windows (7) or Ubuntu (13.10) (the hardware is not listed), further more if I try to install the BT driver (BCM4352) provided by Dell it stops in the middle and prompts - No BT hardware detected.

Even to get the WiFi working I had to put a tape over pin 20 on the under side of the card (I believe this was due to BIOS white list), so I wonder if I have to tape over some other pin to get BT working - Just shooting in the dark here !

Thank You

Hamood Aslam

post-47935-0-40860300-1390036458_thumb.jpg

EmlyDinesh,

Some more information. Firstly I installed BTFirmwareuploader V 2.0 in S/L/E using kext wizard, corrected the permissions, on boot used -f to force all kexts to load, but BTFirmware kext does not get loaded, so used kext wizard to load the kext manually and I get an error message in system log as illustrated in the attached picture.

Second observation to be pointed out is that the BT does not get detected in either Windows (7) or Ubuntu (13.10) (the hardware is not listed), further more if I try to install the BT driver (BCM4352) provided by Dell it stops in the middle and prompts - No BT hardware detected.

Even to get the WiFi working I had to put a tape over pin 20 on the under side of the card (I believe this was due to BIOS white list), so I wonder if I have to tape over some other pin to get BT working - Just shooting in the dark here !

Thank You

Hamood Aslam

Try to use the latest Kext Utility from cvad. It's better than Kext Wizard

Try to use the latest Kext Utility from cvad. It's better than Kext Wizard

DanN7,

Used kext utility to install the kext - No change - although system log had a better outcast as follows -

Jan 19 02:15:21 hamoods-imac authexec[413]: executing /usr/sbin/chown
Jan 19 02:15:21 hamoods-imac authexec[414]: executing /bin/sh
Jan 19 02:15:21 hamoods-imac com.apple.kextd[12]: kext com.apple.iokit.BTFirmwareUploader  200009000 is in exception list, allowing to load
Jan 19 02:15:32 hamoods-imac kernel[0]: LS(4052) m53280662 920 0

Hamood

DanN7,

Attached are two snapshots one before loading BTFirmware v2.0 (It does not get loaded by default, dont know why, have tried -f, UseKernelCache=No, repairing permissions, recreating kext Caches), the other after manually loading the kext.

One thing I noticed at boot time, also there in the kernel log is the following line - 

2014-01-20 02:50:33 +0800 kernel[0]: BTCOEXIST off 

Could this have something to do with my problem?

Thank You so much for helping

Hamood

post-47935-0-11413400-1390158454_thumb.jpg

post-47935-0-89239900-1390158461_thumb.jpg

ASUS use fn+f2 to enable/disable WiFi & BT

try this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1968-fn-hotkey-driver-for-asus-notebooks/

my problem is i don't have a asus laptop, mine is a lenovo u410.. but my funcion buttons work with sound and brightness.. i can test it!

when i conact an apple magic mouse, its not workling correct and jerking.. does anyone know a solution?

Keiner99,

Did you need to tape out pin 20 on your card as well? I think you are still ahead of where I am, because BT hardware shows, in my case BT is not even System Preferences !

Some body Please Help!

Hamood

no i didn't do anything with the card..

you have to turn on bluetooth in windows or linux or something else and add your device and vendor id to the info.plist in System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/ then restart your computer with UseKernelCache=No -v -f

i hope this will help :)

DanN7,

Attached are two snapshots one before loading BTFirmware v2.0 (It does not get loaded by default, dont know why, have tried -f, UseKernelCache=No, repairing permissions, recreating kext Caches), the other after manually loading the kext.

One thing I noticed at boot time, also there in the kernel log is the following line - 

Hamood

You said your BT didn't detected on Windows 7?

Does it have ever worked before on Windows 7?

DanN7,

Hamood

According to your snapshots the bluetooth kext seems like broken, so i suggest you to install vanilla bluetooth kext again and try my kext v2.1 then let me know with an ioreg file and system log.

my problem is i don't have a asus laptop, mine is a lenovo u410.. but my funcion buttons work with sound and brightness.. i can test it!

when i conact an apple magic mouse, its not workling correct and jerking.. does anyone know a solution?

no i didn't do anything with the card..

you have to turn on bluetooth in windows or linux or something else and add your device and vendor id to the info.plist in System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/ then restart your computer with UseKernelCache=No -v -f

i hope this will help :)

Like i said before, Atheros bluetooth uses standard bluetooth drivers which doesn't provide option to turn on/off bluetooth due to the unknown vendor status of the bluetooth driver. So, if your notebook has Fn key then use it to power on/off which is working for some machines.

And why are you editing broadcom bluetooth kext for atheros card? Atheros card works better with standard bluetooth drivers and not sure about using Broadcom bluetooth drivers which i mostly expect not to work properly.