Startup Brightness Fix

EMlyDinEsH

Hi everyone,

For quite some time we've been facing the brightness issues like reduced max brightness and brightness always starting with max level at boot. We had workarounds for reduced max brightness by display sleep, but we never had any solution for brightness level at boot. So, i began to research for a solution to these issues and i've found a way to fix this. My solution is a startup script that executes at boot, which is based on the console application "SleepDisplay" and some other info i've found related to display brightness. This script is my modified version of sleepDisplay console application "BrightnessFix," which sleeps the display once(for max brightness) and sets the brightness level to the value from the file brightnessFix.plist.

Choose startup Brightness level:

You can choose startup brightness level by editing the "brightnessFix.pilst" file from the folder i've attached. Open the plist file in any text editors and change the value at the entry "ProgramArguments" for the last line of this to your desired brightness value at boot. Valid Brightness values are between 0.0, 0.1,0.2 ...... 1.0

9661588459_33cb0631e8_o.png

Installation:

• Download the attached BrightnessFix zip file
  • Copy this file to Desktop and Extract the zip file (Note: if you don't copy the file to Desktop then my script won't work)
  • Run the Script "Install" inside the BrightnessFix folder and enter password to give root access for the script

Uninstallation:
  Follow the steps of Installation but use the script "Uninstall" at the end.

Update:  v1.1

with a bug fix (failed to wake screen) and optimizations.

Note: My script just copies the BrightnessFix to the folder /usr/bin and brightnessFix.plist file to the folder /Library/Launchagents. And I request everyone not to mirror my files, instead redirect to this post please.

Hope this helps for many.

Credits: developer of the SleepDisplay application

BrightnessFix.zip

BrightnessFix_v1.1.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got a solution for max brightness at boot (dont need display sleep) for HD4000 by patch AppleInterFramebufferCarpri.kext (HD3000 is AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB). Using HexEdit open AppleInterFramebufferCarpri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleInterFramebufferCarpri and do follow:

Search: 00000040 10070000 1007
Replace: 00000040 12130000 1213

Search: 00000020 10070000 1007
Replace: 00000020 12130000 1213

Clover patch 10.9

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Max Brightness</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AAAAQBAHAAAQBw==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAQBITAAASEw==
				</data>
			</dict>

P/S: I dont remember where i get this information. Sorry to the author. 

• Like 2

I got a solution for max brightness at boot (dont need display sleep) for HD4000 by patch AppleInterFramebufferCarpri.kext (HD3000 is AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB). Using HexEdit open AppleInterFramebufferCarpri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleInterFramebufferCarpri and do follow:

Search:  00000040 10070000 1007
Replace: 00000040 12130000 1213

Search:  00000020 10070000 1007
Replace: 00000020 12130000 1213

Clover patch 10.9

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Max Brightness</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AAAAQBAHAAAQBw==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAQBITAAASEw==
				</data>
			</dict>

P/S: I dont remember where i get this information. Sorry to the author. 

I know about this solution but it needs patching for every Mac update and also this doesn't set brightness level at boot. My solution can set brightness level at startup and sleeping display is auto at startup which is not problem. Btw thanks for sharing.