Startup Brightness Fix

EMlyDinEsH

Hi!

Thank you for sharing your test, but I have the same problem -I do exactly what you did but getting an error instead of a success-.

I've tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling your script etc... with lo luck.

Here you can see what I say.

Strange, can you send me your ioreg file and System log? Also tell me what are the kexts, fixes etc., you have installed? And give brief details about your notebook model and specification. Are you using clover? If yes then send me your clover config and boot files.

Hi! I attacched the ioreg and the kextstat. My notebook is an Asus K55VD (there are a lot of different models). Mine is:

Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7 3670QM 

Intel® Chief River Chipset HM76

DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket 6G SDRAM

15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED retroiluminado

NVIDIA® GeForce® 610M con 2GB DDR3 VRAM

500GB 5400rpm/7200rpm  and 128Gb Crucial M5 SSD

Altec Lansing® Audio

More details here: http://www.asus.com/es/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K55VD/specifications/

I've almost everything working: audio, graphics, touchpad, FN keys, Ethernet... The only things that are not working are brightness (only on boot with your script), WiFi and Bluetooth (I just bought a compatible Network PCIe card, so they will be enabled in a future).

And no, I'm not using Clover, I'm using Chameleon, and now that I've almost all working I wouldn't like to change it to Clover...

Thank you for your time!

ioreg.txt

kextstat.txt

Hi! I attacched the ioreg and the kextstat. My notebook is an Asus K55VD (there are a lot of different models). Mine is:

Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7 3670QM 

Intel® Chief River Chipset HM76

DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM socket 6G SDRAM

15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED retroiluminado

NVIDIA® GeForce® 610M con 2GB DDR3 VRAM

500GB 5400rpm/7200rpm  and 128Gb Crucial M5 SSD

Altec Lansing® Audio

More details here: http://www.asus.com/es/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K55VD/specifications/

I've almost everything working: audio, graphics, touchpad, FN keys, Ethernet... The only things that are not working are brightness (only on boot with your script), WiFi and Bluetooth (I just bought a compatible Network PCIe card, so they will be enabled in a future).

And no, I'm not using Clover, I'm using Chameleon, and now that I've almost all working I wouldn't like to change it to Clover...

Thank you for your time!

Ok, i would like to debug this so i need a debug session. PM me for details so i can help you with this and many other things also as you have Asus for which i have developed some kexts and i would like to beta test.

Hello, Crew

i got a mackintosh is a Dell Latitude D620 Intel GM950 ( the same as  GMA950 ) CPU intel Duo2Core 2,2 GHz 2 G Ram DDR2, sound card and wifi works perfectly, but don't remember the model, anyway Hervé had gave me big help to optimize my machine with EDP,,my problem is that, i've pass that mac to my girl and sometime ago, i've reinstall the system with one image i've made,,,

problem now is that i don't have access to brightness control, 

question, should i follow the guide?

This question is only because is an old laptop,,thanks in advance, cheers,

• Administrators

Just grab the patched/older Intel frame buffer kext from the boot pack, copy it to /E/E and run myFix (quick). This applies to all GMA950-based Latitude D Series. In EDP, it's called the Brightness Fix.

Hello, Ive just switched over to Clover from Chameleon boot loader on my laptop and I was just finishing with all the setups. 
My last fix is the Brightness fix. When I used Chameleon boot loader the brightness fix 1.1 worked , however, with clover it won't install.
Ill post my specs and Config.plist, if anyone can help?

HP Pavillon dv7-7012
2.30 GHz 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor[/size]
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics[/size]
17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080)[/size]

file:///Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist