Panic on Dell Latitude D830 Intel 1920x1200

timothy1573

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make sure you used the right bootpack, also which version of my hack did you use - you may need the update the version of Chameleon on the installer. Read this thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2805-solved-d620-gma950-1440x900-kernel-panic-during-install/

I'm pretty sure I used the right bootpack.  I used the latest version of myHack.  I don't want to delete a file off the file directory yet, so if there is something better, that will be nice.

Sorry to have been brief, but I was working on something for work. On the Mac or hackintosh you created the installer, download Chameleon Wizard. Open it up and on the top left, there is an install tab. Up on top there is also a drop down with the different revisions of Chameleon. If you don't see r2248 or higher, update Chameleon Wizard and choose a revison. Make sure your installer is plugged in, and at the bottom, where it says Target Disk, choose the installer and update it. Then eject it and use it to try the installation again.

Sorry to have been brief, but I was working on something for work. On the Mac or hackintosh you created the installer, download Chameleon Wizard. Open it up and on the top left, there is an install tab. Up on top there is also a drop down with the different revisions of Chameleon. If you don't see r2248 or higher, update Chameleon Wizard and choose a revison. Make sure your installer is plugged in, and at the bottom, where it says Target Disk, choose the installer and update it. Then eject it and use it to try the installation again.

I tried again, and now it hangs on this:

post-14106-0-11830700-1378260877_thumb.jpg

This is usually a Chameleon issue. The only thing I can suggest is to try a different revision of Chameleon. If you tried r2262, dial in down to somewhere between r2248 and that. If you tried r2248, go up a couple. Try also using GraphicsEnabler=Yes