Panic on Dell Latitude D830 Intel 1920x1200

timothy1573

This is usually a Chameleon issue. The only thing I can suggest is to try a different revision of Chameleon. If you tried r2262, dial in down to somewhere between r2248 and that. If you tried r2248, go up a couple. Try also using GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I've now gotten into the installation.  The only problem now is that it hangs/freezes during install or in disk utility, or sometimes the language selection thing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Which version are you trying to install? Snow Leopard? Lion? Mountain Lion?

Are you sure you're using the right bootpack? I see a reference to MacBookPro5,1 in your very 1st picture and I don't believe there's any FakeSMC or SMBIOS plist that uses that model in the D830 bootpacks...

Are you sure you're using the right bootpack? I see a reference to MacBookPro5,1 in your very 1st picture and I don't believe there's any FakeSMC or SMBIOS plist that uses that model in the D830 bootpacks...

I am trying to install Lion.  I'll try to reinstall the bootpack soon.

Right, I formatted the drive again, ran myHack again to install the 10.7 Installation Drive, installed the 10.7 bootpack for Dell D830 Intel x3100 1920x1200, placed it back into my laptop, went into installation, formatted my hard drive, and tried to install it.  After 2 minutes, the installation freezes.  I left it there for a few hours to see what happens, and its just there.  Here is a picture of the screen after a few hours:post-14106-0-86387400-1378435416_thumb.jpg

Have you tried clicking on the pad? Sometimes the progress bar will stop (the blue progress line shows no motion). Clicking on it will sometimes show that only the progress bar has stopped, the installation continued. Or, if not,  try using the installer in another USB port.

Have you tried clicking on the pad? Sometimes the progress bar will stop (the blue progress line shows no motion). Clicking on it will sometimes show that only the progress bar has stopped, the installation continued. Or, if not,  try using the installer in another USB port.

Sure, I clicked on the pad.  That picture was taken hours after installation.  I also tried all the working USB ports.

• Administrators

If it's not already there, can you add the attached kext to /Extra/Extensions of your myHack USB installer and run myFix on it?

lspcidrv.kext.zip

Then, restart the installer and when you get to the installation screen, to to Utilities to open a Terminal command and type: lspci -nn. Then post the output of the command.

Could you also confirm your BIOS version and check your settings against the recommend ones that are in the pinned thread?

NB: On checking the boot pack, I saw that the SMBIOS plist is that of MBP5,1 now.

If it's not already there, can you add the attached kext to /Extra/Extensions of your myHack USB installer and run myFix on it?

attachicon.giflspcidrv.kext.zip

Then, restart the installer and when you get to the installation screen, to to Utilities to open a Terminal command and type: lspci -nn. Then post the output of the command.

Could you also confirm your BIOS version and check your settings against the recommend ones that are in the pinned thread?

NB: On checking the boot pack, I saw that the SMBIOS plist is that of MBP5,1 now.

I think I am running the Dell Revision 17 BIOS.  Where is the pinned thread.  And also, I tried installing Snow Leopard, the installation hasn't hanged for at least 15 minutes already.  Ill also be gone, so I probably wont be replying until Sunday.  Ill report if the Snow Leopard installation has finished later on or Sunday.

• Administrators

As far as I know, the last BIOS for the D830 is A16. The pinned BIOS thread is right above this one. You would not normally miss it.

If you get through with SL, then make another ML installer or get another ML image.

As far as I know, the last BIOS for the D830 is A16. The pinned BIOS thread is right above this one. You would not normally miss it.

If you get through with SL, then make another ML installer or get another ML image.

10.6 works perfectly fine.  I'm also positive that my bios is A17.  I am also trying to install 10.7, as 10.8 is not supported on the Intel D830.