EDF & the e6400....whoops?

immortalsoule

I looked at the compatability chart and it was blank. I loaded EDF and thought, "just for fun, let's try it".

Did anyone else notice that EDF actually "cripples" an OSX Lion install? I had Wifi, before the install, and now it's gone. Really, all i needed, out of EDF, was a working video driver. I've got the Intel GM45. It's just odd how it actually removed working stuff.

IMHO, the E6400 would be a great Mac clone notebook. It's got the backlit keys, tons of options, you can even pump the memory way up (to 8gb i think).

If i could get QE/CI working, it would be grand. I've got a Dell D630 and it works astoundingly well on Lion.

Curse you Intel! Making a graphics card so difficult to deal with! :P

• Administrators

well edp is a database/script repository. it does not know what works off hand. you have to select the options for your build and customize it to your needs. it has advanced options also. you can add kexts or plists that it does not supply into the Extra/Include folder treating it as if it was a second Extra folder. it also should backup you original extra if you need anything from it. the boot packs are just enough kexts for the osx installer to install. bare essentials.

well edp is a database/script repository. it does not know what works off hand. you have to select the options for your build and customize it to your needs. it has advanced options also. you can add kexts or plists that it does not supply into the Extra/Include folder treating it as if it was a second Extra folder. it also should backup you original extra if you need anything from it. the boot packs are just enough kexts for the osx installer to install. bare essentials.

Out of curiosity, in your opinion, should i just dump the e6400 and go for a 620 or 630? I have the D630 and am enjoying it (with a few small exceptions). I have some other Dell laptops and just wonder....should i just sell them off and go for the Nvidia 620s & 630s?

OR...until it gets added to EDP, you could also read the thread, the first post of Mountain Lion Anyone, which has been kept up to date. If you feel something can be made better, you can contribute it and we can incorporate it into the thread. However, the GMA45 is going to be a problem until someone can figure out a way the utilize it in OSx, an accomplishment that many people are still working on.