M9510f dead in the water- SOS! Starting over would suck.

timnav

So, I'm unable to even safe boot an modify the filesystem using mount -uw / and whatnot during safe boot, and I have no other working mac or hackintosh with which to fix things... but I do have access to delete kexts and otherwise eff $hi..stuff up... I mean fix stuff, but unless you really need to know, I'd rather not divulge my methods in order to keep newbs from doing more harm than good.  It involves another OS, and journaling is NOT turned off, and I have no way to turn it off.  

Whatever screwed my boot was, however, done from the OS itself, as it failed to boot after a restart.  It was so long ago, I couldn't possibly tell you what I did to break it.  All I have to offer is a willingness to follow instructions, and a cell phone pic of where it kp's while doing a -x -s -v boot.  I've tried all the combos of kernel flags I can think of using the -s -f -v -x -F flags, but I'll try anything suggested even if I know for certain I've tried it before.

Lastly, all files are backed up, but sadly, I don't have a ccc bootable backup, this was the backup, and I stupidly effed it up by tinkering without cccing.  I thought the main partition was bootable.  I can start over, using an unsupported method to get osx installed, then using that install to do it the right way with myhack and my legally purchased copy of ML, but I'm trying to save a lot of headache getting that initial install usb made without using OSX.  I have only done it once, and didn't take notes.

Thanks for any advice, even if it's "you're screwed: start over".  At least I'd know to stop wasting my time trying to recover this install.

post-1566-0-65296800-1378975104_thumb.jpg

Awesome.  It might even work out clean.  I didn't realize I was so close on the E6500 I'm working on for my friend.  I had it for a week when he first got it and then it was gone for a month.  I guess I got it installed, although I don't even remember getting the installer to boot.  But the partition's there, chameleon is alive and well, I'm betting it's a ncpi=3000 (can't remember the exact string, will research before randomly trying letters and numbers at boot.  I was thinking I was up a creek without a working installer or hackintosh, looks like I may be close to a working hackintosh, making rescuing my non-booting install much more doable.  I hate messing with a journaled partition with software that can't handle journaling.  It works most of the time, but I just feel dirty doing it, like I'm cheating on my wife or something.  Lol.  Thanks for the help, I was pretty sure it was that kext, but I'm so timid when it comes to hackintoshes that I wasn't going to try anything I couldn't un-do without help.  

Will mark solved after I remove the kext, if it doesn't work, I'll re-start the process of getting a working installer, but still consider it solved as a re-install is in fact a solution to the problem.

:)