Anyone installed 10.8.5 successfully on their E65xx?

daspazz

I tried to upgrade both my desktop and my E6520, neither will complete the install of 10.8.5 over my 10.8.4 installations.  

Anyone been successful upgrading or installing 10.8.5?

If so please advise what went right for you..... 

Apple software update.

And it said something along the lines of "this update can not be completed", but it could have said failed.  I can try again and take a snap shot of the error.

Thanks, as always, for being my personal "helper gnome" Herve'!!  :)

post-5948-0-91067000-1379372390_thumb.png

Oh dopy me, it took!!!   :blink:  Now I gotta fix my audio.  <_<  -_-  :huh:

If I can get my audio working and then get my battery to indicate more than just the stupid icon with an x in it on the status bar!!!!  :blink:

• Moderators

Apple software update.

And it said something along the lines of "this update can not be completed", but it could have said failed.  I can try again and take a snap shot of the error.

Thanks, as always, for being my personal "helper gnome" Herve'!!  :)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-09-16 at 5.57.06 PM.png

Oh dopy me, it took!!!   :blink:  Now I gotta fix my audio.  <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sleep.png" alt="-_-">  :huh:

If I can get my audio working and then get my battery to indicate more than just the stupid icon with an x in it on the status bar!!!!  :blink:

I also lost audio after upgrade. Was using AppleHDA and Fake92HD87B1AppleHDA. 

Battery is working for me, I have VoodooBattery. Tried running myfix after the upgrade, but couldn't get audio back. Might try using voodooHDA instead.

I also lost audio after upgrade. Was using AppleHDA and Fake92HD87B1AppleHDA. 

Battery is working for me, I have VoodooBattery. Tried running myfix after the upgrade, but couldn't get audio back. Might try using voodooHDA instead.

would you happen to have download links for the above v00d00z?  :ph34r:

EDP provides various VoodooHDA packages. All available from EDP when you do your System build and the E6520 is integrated to EDP...

Im a bit gun-shy of the EDP, it has torqued my E6520 into an unbootable beast on more than one occasion.  IT might be that there are too many choices.  I can try it again I guess,  I did get my audio working via that t0nyCr4ck t00l.  :$

Please pray for me Herve', I'll give it a try.........   /me holds breath and hopes my E6520 doesn't implode!

..... OK  building now, I may or maynot be back on in a few with my E6520.  /me flashes away in a p00f of smoke.

post-5948-0-01672100-1379382552_thumb.png

Likewise, have lost audio (and can only boot in safe mode). Have tried numerous versions of VoodooHDA and AppleHDA / HDAEnabler1, etc.; so far, none work. 

• Moderators

EDP provides various VoodooHDA packages. All available from EDP when you do your System build and the E6520 is integrated to EDP...

E6520 with nvs4200 in not integrated into EDP as I think that's what daspazz has, but E6520 with Intel HD3000 is.