Anyone installed 10.8.5 successfully on their E65xx?

daspazz

• Moderators

Likewise, have lost audio (and can only boot in safe mode). Have tried numerous versions of VoodooHDA and AppleHDA / HDAEnabler1, etc.; so far, none work. 

What do you have in your E/E folder?

What error do you encounter if you boot with -v?

You need to remove all HDA kext, just include voodooHDA (2.8.2) and AppleHDADisabler, run myfix/full and you should get audio.

E6520 with nvs4200 in not integrated into EDP as I think that's what daspazz has, but E6520 with Intel HD3000 is.

It is listed in the EDP as an option when building, the E6520 with N4200, that is.  Im now having to boot into safe mode to login to my E6520, and I now have to plug in a USB keyboard and mouse to use it.  :wacko:

So how do I restore my system.  Rename the current /extra name.old and rename the backup extra just that....... ?

Edit: Never mind I figured that part out.  The rename part worked, but, now Im still I'm having to use USB Mouse and keyboard.....

I guess if I figure it out I should just leave it alone.  At least my audio is still working........   :$

New ALPS driver kext worked for keyboard, installing 6.1 version now to fix trackpad and hopefully keyboard also. 

Edit 2: Those kexts only partially worked....  I can only boot into safe mode now even after reverting to igashu's kext, which has not really failed me in the past.  maybe someday I will figure this out correctly using the EDP and possibly document the procedure so that posterity will be able to do this without the issues that some of us have......

Thanks for the feedback Herve'!  :)

Im timetripping a backup on an external Seagate  drive I have, just in case I have to reinstall.  Sometimes Im my own worst enemy with MacNtawshz!  :huh:  :o

Once the backup is done I will wreak more havok on my lovery E6520.

Editz: Well the backup crashed a few times, I did finally get the system to boot to the OS via the -v -f -F flags and then run myhack to run myfix and I think now Im back to step uno with igashu's version 2 /extra.  Now if I could just get an EDP build to boot and not kill my K/M or audio.

What do you have in your E/E folder?

What error do you encounter if you boot with -v?

You need to remove all HDA kext, just include voodooHDA (2.8.2) and AppleHDADisabler, run myfix/full and you should get audio.

Tried that, but no joy. I use MB, so no E/E. Also notice during the boot that there appear to be many errors reading SMC, so would assume these are also causing issues, and I suspect HDA kexts are not being loaded. Other forums point out that apple changed the way audio is handled in 10.8.5 (and probably 10.9), BTW, booting in 10.8.4 works perfectly, so it's not really an issue for now. 

• Moderators

Tried that, but no joy. I use MB, so no E/E. Also notice during the boot that there appear to be many errors reading SMC, so would assume these are also causing issues, and I suspect HDA kexts are not being loaded. Other forums point out that apple changed the way audio is handled in 10.8.5 (and probably 10.9), BTW, booting in 10.8.4 works perfectly, so it's not really an issue for now. 

I'm now using voodoohda 2.8.4. I have to mod the info.plist for some volume issue. Attached here if you want to test it.

Voodoo 284.zip

Just to let you all know, I have audio with AppleHDA working on my E6520. Now the bad news: I have no idea why. It didn't work after updating from 10.8.4, now it works, and I have no idea what I may have done in the meantime to achieve that. However I'd be more than happy to help out to get it to work if anyone can give me some pointers to information about my system that would be valuable. I'm using AppleHDA from the EDP configuration for the E6520 with nvidia graphics (I got a HD3000 though).

• Moderators

Just to let you all know, I have audio with AppleHDA working on my E6520. Now the bad news: I have no idea why. It didn't work after updating from 10.8.4, now it works, and I have no idea what I may have done in the meantime to achieve that. However I'd be more than happy to help out to get it to work if anyone can give me some pointers to information about my system that would be valuable. I'm using AppleHDA from the EDP configuration for the E6520 with nvidia graphics (I got a HD3000 though).

I found out what the cause of the audio issue is if you're using AppleHDA and have nvidia graphics. You have to downgrade Chameleon to 2210, anything higher you'll lose audio. With that said, if you're running Mavericks, the lowest support version would be 2248, you will not be able to get AppleHDA to work. You could use VoodooHDA instead. 

I don't know what changed in Chameleon 2215 and up, but I've tested that non works after 2210. If you have HD3000, you don't have this issue. I have Mavericks running on E6220 with AppleHDA just fine.

• Administrators

have you tried chameleon version rev 2263? 

quote: Embedded the HDAEnabler injector from module. (The modules is not needed anymore REMOVE IT).

and from Help.txt

HDAEnabler=Yes | No  Automatic device properties generation for audio controllers.

HDEFLayoutID= Inject alternate value of layout-id for HDEF (HEX).

HDAULayoutID= Inject alternate value of layout-id for HDAU (HEX).

​what I'm not sure of is if you have to strip HDA from DSDT.