Dell Latitude XT3 tablet PC

go4giraffe

• Administrators

Fair enough, but I'm no sure about kexts...

I've had a good look at my D430 which as the optional built-in STMicroelectronics finger scanner and I believe it actually works without any apparent kext. To me, the software deals with the hardware directly. The hardware is reported as a Biometric Coprocessor in the System Report.

I have created a USB installer for E6220 for 10.8.5. It works well for me.

Basically, it uses myHack to create the install and copy the Jake Lo extra packages to the install.

The installed E6220 works excellently and I am waiting for the WWAN card to replace.

*edit*I tried a 10.8 USB install, then updated 10 10.8.5, but then couldn't get voodoohda to work at all. I'll update my myHack USB to 10.8.5 and try again, though.

Forgot, I do skip the EDP now to allow HDMI works for me.

I've noticed this, too. For some reason the EDP kills HDMI, and for some reason HDMI works natively without it. I wonder if they can fix the EDP for this, but again, EDP doesn't have XT3 as a model *edit* so I'm stuck using the E6220 selection, and you have yet to say if you are using the XT3 or E6220.

Finger print reader is a broadcom 5880 device. It does show up in the USB device list

Awesome, I have the same thing.

Look for Authentec TrueSuite v5.5.0.5. That should sort you out on the finger scanner side.

Thanks for the suggestion, looking into it. *edit* I can confirm the same thing as ckleea, TrueSuite doesn't detect the FPR. I doubt it would be a kext issue, though, as it is rightly detected on the USB bus. My thinking here is if it were a kext issue, as with audio, it wouldn't be detected at all. Do you know of any alternative software to try?

As for the volume hardware buttons, editing the info.plist in voodoohda.kext fixes both the volume and mute button issue.

*edit* Also worth mentioning, when I make a myHack USB with bootpack, I get an installation error regarding not being able to choose a startup disk, but the install works fine with USB boot. If I use a generic extra, the install completes without errors. Also, EDP -always- KPs my XT3. Always. Always. I think it may be a DSDT issue, but I'm not sure. I know I can run perfectly fine without a DSDT.aml, though.

Finally, is TurboBoost working on the E6220 core i5? I have downloaded the Intel Power Gadget for Mac from Intel servers, install says it crashes, but with a reboot it seems to work fine. My core i5 just sits at 2.5Ghz, though, when it should be capable of pushing up to 3.xGhz. I'm putting the processor under load with Handbrake. *edit* Just noticed I have no SSDT. Does EDP not handle this or is this possibly due to EDP KP'ing and not finishing properly?

Update:

Jake Lo's bootpack for E6220 is looking awesome. Will be organizing my notes soon, possibly reorganizing OP.

I can see from your footer that you seem to have everything working on your XT3 - any chance you could make a guide/post what you have used? Would love to have this on my XT3 that seems to be identical to yours.

I agree. Further information would be appreciated.

Well, as of the last few months I've run into a few personal issues which have affected the personal time I can dedicate toward both this forum and my efforts to perfect the installation process and the issues therein. For the record, Mountain Lion was far easier to tackle than Mavericks.

I've recently scrapped all my previous work with OS X. As this is the case, I'm working from the ground up to get Mavericks running on the XT3, and will only revert back to Mountain Lion pending my failure with Mavericks.

[uPDATE - 4/18/2014] Original Post has been updated.