I just added one of these to my E6520

daspazz

I was stumbling around eBay and found this little addition to my E6520.  It's a genuine Dell External Battery.  It is compatible with a lot of Dell units.  It is kinda cool in that it elevates my E6520 up off of surfaces so it should help with cooling it better.  It only snap/plugs into the expansion slot and the two holes adjacent to the slot.  It has a small handle on it that you can pull to release the battery from its mating position.  I believe the two holes in the upper left corner of the picture are first, charge indicator and then a charging port so you could possibly charge the external battery by its self.

They range anywhere from 60 to 140 dollars depending on new or refurbished condition.

I also noticed that my battery indicator in the status bar seems to be working now.  I can even see the current percentage of charge.  Im happier.  

$(KGrHqF,!lsFGB29lSu2BRggLTWQ5Q~~60_57.J

post-5948-0-90043900-1380243741_thumb.png

• Moderators

I was stumbling around eBay and found this little addition to my E6520.  It's a genuine Dell External Battery.  It is compatible with a lot of Dell units.  It is kinda cool in that it elevates my E6520 up off of surfaces so it should help with cooling it better.  It only snap/plugs into the expansion slot and the two holes adjacent to the slot.  It has a small handle on it that you can pull to release the battery from its mating position.  I believe the two holes in the upper left corner of the picture are first, charge indicator and then a charging port so you could possibly charge the external battery by its self.

They range anywhere from 60 to 140 dollars depending on new or refurbished condition.

I also noticed that my battery indicator in the status bar seems to be working now.  I can even see the current percentage of charge.  Im happier.  

$(KGrHqF,!lsFGB29lSu2BRggLTWQ5Q~~60_57.J

I recently gotten a hold of one of these too, heavy to carry around, but nice to have since we're unable to get sleep to work on E6520.

• Like 1

Since you are a very smart guy about things, how is your battery indication?  Working or no?  Are you running Mavericks?  Should have asked you that in my E6520 thread....  :unsure:

Yeah it is a bit heavier, but I like the extended battery usage as well.  

T.I.A.