E6430 - i5 3320M - Intel 4000

NicholasIT

Ok, so first off i'm VERY new to this Hackintosh stuff. 

Huge fan of osX and got a few questions i couldn't quite find the answer to.

First of all, Dual Booting, Win7 and OSX, is that possible?
2nd.. How does this process work with Solid State instead of standard HDD.
3rd. I wont be switching out the Wifi Card any time soon whats the best Dongle for this.
4th. I have the intell4000 graphics and the laptops max resolution is 1366 x 768 but while at work it connects to a docking station and the monitor i connect to it is 1900x1080 will that pose a problem.

Im sure i have loads of questions but this would point me on the right track.. THANKS!

• Moderators

Ok, so first off i'm VERY new to this Hackintosh stuff. 

Huge fan of osX and got a few questions i couldn't quite find the answer to.

First of all, Dual Booting, Win7 and OSX, is that possible?

2nd.. How does this process work with Solid State instead of standard HDD.

3rd. I wont be switching out the Wifi Card any time soon whats the best Dongle for this.

4th. I have the intell4000 graphics and the laptops max resolution is 1366 x 768 but while at work it connects to a docking station and the monitor i connect to it is 1900x1080 will that pose a problem.

Im sure i have loads of questions but this would point me on the right track.. THANKS!

Welcome NickolasIT,

1) Dual booting is possible or triple boot if you like. I have HDD formatted to GPT, OSX to Mac OX Extended (Journaled) and Windows to MsDos (Fat) - When you install Windows, you'll format it to NTFS.

2) Solid State install process is the same as on a standard HDD

3) Belkin f9l1002v1 or N300 has been confirmed to work

4) HDMI or DVI output works fine with external monitor. 

You could start by following my guide, link is in my signature file below. Just have to add a few extra steps to partition your drive when you first install OSX.

For dual boot:

• After installing OSX and rebooted a few time to be sure it's working, reboot with Windows 7 disk.
  •  
  • Select the fat partition to install, format it to NTFS and finish the build. 
  •  
  • Reboot, it'll automatically boot to Windows, finalize and update drivers...etc
  •  
  • Reboot with OSX USB Installer, select the Mac OSX
  •  
  • Boot into OSX, launch the Chameleon wizard (download it if you haven't already). 
  •  
  • In Chameleon, under Install "Install method", select Boot0hfs, and click on Install below. 
  •  
  • Reboot without the USB installer, when you see the boot screen, hit enter and you'll see the option to choose between OSX and Windows 7
  •  

post-1549-0-87109500-1370669217.png

Good luck!

• Administrators

would be the simplest option. and just incase something does happen at least you have an image of it. you can try resizing existing partition windows to make room for osx  and see where that leads to. but you would need an MBR patch for the osx installer. you can google for that.

If you can could get a second(cheap, used) HDD for experimenting, it would be better, so you don't risk losing your windows setup. I Think it is a really good practice to experiment/try things with a spare drive. I have 4 years of using hackintosh on PC and I still do that.