D630n - Mavericks 10.9 GM/Mainstream/Updates installation

Hervé

• Administrators

It'll come as no surprise to anyone: installation of 10.9 GM is 100% ok on the D630 nVidia. It can safely be installed over an existing DP installation, nothing lost.

D630n_Mav-10.9GM.png

EDIT: Make the usual myHack USB installer with Mavericks GM (retail as usual) and install on the HDD/partition that contains your existing DP installation. It's not possible to update from DP to GM (no software option offered and no combo update exist). For the bootpack, just use the /Extra of the existing DP installation.

Hi Herve nice work.

Do you need any specific version of Mavericks GM and just double click and install it ??

I have the preview 8 version working on my D830  so i am curious how to install the GM version on my laptop.

Thanks for the reply. I have an GM version of Mavericks wich dispayed an X when i open this DMG file  with the message ( install OS X MAVERICKS ) 

When i use this one for creating an usb stick  i get an error Selection does not appear te be an valid OS X installation source ??

I used this version with my Mac Pro and it worked.

Can you tell me wich version i must use or what an i doing wrong?

Thanks.

• Administrators

As I said, there's only 1 retail version of GM as far as I know. I'm no Apple-insider, but I don't think there's anything else available for developpers at the moment. How are you creating your USB stick? What are you using (tool & version)?

With myHack, you must use version 3.2, pointing that "Install OS X Maverics" app when prompted for Mavericks. Don't point to the dmg image. If you're only mounting the dmg image & pointing to the app available in the opened image, the error message you've experienced may be persistent (I too had it). In that case, extract & copy the "Install OS X Mavericks" app to a disk or desktop and point to that extracted copy when building your USB installer. Everything should be ok then.

Sorry just an newbie.. i use myhack 3.2 to create the usb stick and as included my laptop desktop the os x maverick file 

I have done this several times with Lion and Mountain Lion but for some reasons i cannot get this to work :(

perhaps the screen shot explans more..

post-4953-0-60168400-1381144084_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

When you mounted (i.e. double clicked) your 10.9 GM dmg image, you got that white icon called "install OS X Mavericks". It's just the mounted container. Open it and copy its contents (the app with the X logo) to your desktop. You can then eject the mounted folder and use the extracted app when you create your myHack USB installer.

10.9GM_image.png

Hello Herve that's what i needed to known I had an issue to get the installESD.dmg file  ,, I tried your methode and this works .. Many thanks four your time and effort and till the next challenge :)

Hi Herve I am struggeling with the boootloader, I cannot make it work to start mavericks without the usb stick ?? I tried to install the boootloader wwithin myhack and run myfix complete afterwards, I tried to install another bootloader without succes..

I am running out of options. Can you help me out with this one ? What did you do to make it work?? I did not install the EDP package yet

Is that the solutions?

I hope to here from you.

• Administrators

If you have an issue with the bootloader but manage to boot with the help of the USB stick bootloader, check your Chameleon version with Cham Wizard. Remember that Mavericks needs Chameleon v2246 or later.