Dell D630 with Nvidea OSX 10.8.5

RobertB

If you have a Bluetooth module, that may stop working until you repatch the appropriate IOBluetoothFamiliy PlugIns. Apart from that, it's totally safe.

How do I know what IOBluetoothFamily Plugin I need?

BT is now working on 10.8.4. should I copy this pluin out before the update and then re-install it?

thanks

• Administrators

The IOBluetoothFamily kext has been completely changed, so the kext from 10.8.4 is of no (re)use... Read my post about it. Look up your BT module in the USB part of the System Report and report that back. In all likelihood, it'll be a DW350 or DW360 and I can easily provide you with the patched kext to place in /E/E after update to 10.8.5.

You'll find the PCI ids of the above modules in the 'Bluetooth for D Series' thread in R&D->Wifi/bluetooth section.

The IOBluetoothFamily kext has been completely changed, so the kext from 10.8.4 is of no (re)use... Read my post about it. Look up your BT module in the USB part of the System Report and report that back. In all likelihood, it'll be a DW350 or DW360 and I can easily provide you with the patched kext to place in /E/E after update to 10.8.5.

You'll find the PCI ids of the above modules in the 'Bluetooth for D Series' thread in R&D->Wifi/bluetooth section.

Thanks for the feedback but for what I can see my BT is still working after the update.

When I see a problem I will come back to this.

thanks,