mach-o file has bad magic number installing Mavericks

rjjd

Hi I am facing an issue while installing new OS X 10.9 Mavericks on my D830 laptop ( nvidia videocard) inside.

I created an myhack usb stick with mavericks on it an the EXTRA  files for my D830.

The installation goes smoothly, I reboot and with help of the usb stick i can startup the laptop configure the last settings and i am on the desktop.. Then i install an wireless card so i can download the EDP software to configure my laptop with the necessary kext to load all my internal hardware. I performed using myhack an MyFix ans also using diskutil checked the permissions on the disk.. One minor error is found and repaired. After that i restart laptop and looking to an grey X startup screen  then it stops and error popup Can 'f find  and press any to continue an i am back to the grey starup screen When i tried several options -V -X -F i see error message about mach-0 file has bad magic number. I think it has to do with the bootloader however i do not known how to solve this.. Anyone else can help me out ?  Once this is done i have it all working

Thanks..  

Ok thanks for the quick response I will create an new usb boot stick and I will check the hard drive for failures

To be continued.. ( personally i do not think this is the problem ) because after the installation i can boot normally  ( with use of the usb stick ) and load mavericks normally.

Thanks, i download Chameleon Wizard but when i tried to upgrade the chameleon version , error message popup cannot find server.. 

What am i doing wrong? or what is the procedure about upgrade to higher version of Chameleon ?

This step is holding me up to get an working mavericks on my D830.

With regards.

• Administrators

Cham Wizard -> Install tab -> Select Cham version, select target partition, click Install.

If it tells you it can't find the server and your Internet is up, then maybe the server at the other end is down. Wait and try later of copy whatever boot file you have on your USB installer to your HDD.

Hi  i tried yesterday the last option you mentioned. Copy BOOT file from usb stick and copy  and overwrite BOOT file located on the laptop. No luck same error :(

i will try today option 1 ( update Chameleon ) and see what happens then..

regards,