just Purchased a dell M4400

supaswipes

Funny thing was I did not even want a laptop but saw this on ebay for $189 and just could not pass it up

I just purchased a quad for it qx9300 for an great price of $155 at star mirco ebay sellers wanted $250-300 I was goin to put this cpu in tonight, I have made hacks before and many. This is another ball game. I tried my tried and true tony mac and it just stays on the apple screen and does not let me get to the install prompt. I was wondering how you setup the bios before installing osx mountain lion. I am interested in getting this to work as I use logic x and it would be fantastic. I also purchased a pcmcia echo sound card and I was also hoping that would work.(if there was a kext fix around for ml 10.8x). I added usb 3.0 as well. I gave up the dvd for a second HD. I love the 1900x1200 on a 15 inch beautiful screen. I was hoping that some one who had success could help me. I got success on one laptop in my life it was a lenovo Y570 and got it to work 100% I sold it, even though it was an I7 I still like this dell better for some reason. Please lend a hand, I got lots of audio programs and I can also be of help to, but I admit I do not know everything and would love a step by step tutorial getting this going. More important do I have to go into bios and change settings before I even get to installing? Thanks for taking time to read.

• Administrators

Hi, you can start by reading the various threads about the M4400 in this particular section of the forum. Then read the various pages of the Web site, especially the EDP ones which provide the installation procedure we support here (i.e. with myHack installer).