10.9 Mavericks on E6220 Installation Woes

trafsta

Forgive me if this has already been discussed in another E6X20 thread (I searched as best I could but my Hackintosh skills are still feeble).

I have a Latitude E6220 with BIOS A12, 4GB ram, Core i7-2620M 2.7GHz Dual Core CPU, Intel HD Graphics, 256GB SSD, and an Intel Wireless card (can't recall which one exactly, if I need to swap it out with a different one to get wireless working I'll do that after-the-fact).

I have downloaded Mavericks GM and gotten the InstallESD.dmg out of it. I tried using MyHack 3.2 Beta 8 from my Latitude D420 10.6.8 Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) system but it wouldn't run due to an architecture error (not a 64-bit processor is my guess) so I used my sisters real MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 to create the install USB stick (8GB) with MyHack 3.2 Beta 8 and the Extras for Mavericks E6220. When it prompted me about the Yes/No question for MBR I said No. I then booted off this USB stick on the E6220 and formatted the 256GB SSD in disk utility as Journaled with label "MacHD" and installed the OS and selected the E6220 Extras, then rebooted after OS was done installing but it would not boot off of the MacHD drive. I tried booting off the USB stick and selected the MacHD drive and booted with -v but I receive a Kernel Extensions in backtrace: com.apple.driver. AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement error.

Just in case, I tried the MBR patch from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3559-new-os-x-109-mavericks-mbr-patch-final-gm/ and reinstalled this time onto an MBR partition instead of GUID but I receive the same error. I searched around the forum, and I think perhaps I need a NullCPUPowerManagement kext or something? I see in the Extras that it is already there though... so I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next to get this going.

If anyone could offer a suggestion on this fine Canadian Thanksgiving Sunday morning I would be eternally grateful :) I can supply additional info at your request.

Thanks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, cool, thanks. I've installed r2266 onto my installer USB but still get the error when trying to boot the previously installed 10.9 on my MacHD. So now I am reinstalling 10.9 onto my E6220 to see if it will work. I assume that since it is on the installer USB that 2266 will automatically be what is installed to the MacHD during the install process? Or do I have to manually install it to the MacHD on my own or something?

Edit: Still getting the same error even with r2266 of Chameleon. Going to see if I can get 10.8.0 or 10.8.5 ML on this E6220...

Ok, trying now, thanks for your help :)

Edit: Hmm, yeah, I don't know how to copy the kext via the installer over the old one... Tried in Terminal with cp -R but the MacHD is read-only. Gotta go for a few minutes... will look into this some more when I return.