10.9 Mavericks on E6220 Installation Woes

trafsta

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like I'm still getting the same error. Just in case I was doing something wrong I reinstalled off the USB installer (which had the kext you provided in the /E/E folder) and I'm still getting the KP on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

For the time being I'm going to try 10.8.5 shortly and see if I have much more success with it. If it works I'll continue trying 10.9 :) Let me know if you have any other ideas for 10.9. Thanks.

10.8.5 loaded up fully on my E6220 without any issues whatsoever. Not sure what is up with that AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement in 10.9. I'm up for additional suggestions... I'm learning as I go and enjoying it (sorry for frustrating you a little yesterday Hervé :)

Thanks Jake Lo. Unfortunately I still receive the same error with that boot pack in Mavericks (AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement KP).

Anyone have any other ideas? Has anyone here gotten Mavericks to work on an Exx20 series laptop?

I guess with Mavericks announcement from Apple today (I think it's happening right now?) there might be more people trying Mavericks on their hackintosh soon enough...

Booted into 10.8 partition, used terminal to rm -R /Volumes/MacHD10.9/System/Library/Extensions/AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext and then copied Maverick Extra's (from osxlatitude website) to /Volumes/MacHD10.9/System/Library/Extensions (followed http://www.osxlatitude.com/remove-kext-from-single-user-mode/) then ran MyFix from latest MyHack on /Volumes/MacHD10.9, rebooted, selected 10.9 partition and voila, it worked!

I think I'll leave this 256GB SSD with both 10.8 and 10.9 partitions for now as well, can perhaps load 10.10/11.0 when it comes out overtop of the 10.8 partition... nice having both available in case one gets blown up.

Just need to wait for my new Wireless NIC to arrive from eBay, then can start using this E6220 :)

Thanks for all your help everyone!