10.9 Mavericks on E6220 Installation Woes

trafsta

I have installed from a myHack installer with Extra from my working 10.8.5. I do not have MBR patch for the installer and hence install into an external USB HD formatted under GPT partition. Once I installed, I move back to my E6220 internal SSD as usual.

Now dual boot 10.9 and Windows 7

Attached is my /E/E. Everything works - sound, hdmi and sleep

Extra.zip

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to re-install 10.9 with Extra's that tarfoh provided to me yesterday (I had provided him my DSDT and SSDT files yesterday). If that somehow fails I might try your Extra's chleea :)

daspazz: I had done that, yes (installed latest Chameleon). Issue I've always had is with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Hopefully this clean install that I'm doing now will result in a fully functional system like I already have under 10.8.5.

Mine is a fresh installation using the 10.9 app download from Apple Apps store. Create a USB installer using myHack, import the extra for booting/installation, lastly configure and add back the /Extra folder into the 10.9 hard disk partition. My Extra package only has additional 802.11 ac driver and bluetooth 4.0 kext.

Should work very well.

Now after a full installation of the softwarews, the boot process is very fast.

post-4478-0-82778300-1382863018_thumb.png.

I have installed from a myHack installer with Extra from my working 10.8.5. I do not have MBR patch for the installer and hence install into an external USB HD formatted under GPT partition. Once I installed, I move back to my E6220 internal SSD as usual.

Now dual boot 10.9 and Windows 7

Attached is my /E/E. Everything works - sound, hdmi and sleep

Tried your Extra's (manually deleted my SLE AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement.kext before installing yours via MyHack) but unfortunately I still get a kernel panic on it :(

Any chance this is related to a BIOS setting that I might have misconfigured?

Wondering if I should maybe give one of you pros access to my 10.9 Mac via TeamViewer or something so that you can take a look over of it :)

I just put in my /E/E into the myHack USB installer and boot.

After that move the /E/E to the installed partition. I disable my E6220 onboard bluetooth and use the 802.11ac wifi bluetooth combo.

Nothing special in the BIOS or other.

Just like plug and play.

Try to boot with -f -v -x to safe mode for installation and then first post installation boot.

Try to boot with -f -v -x to safe mode for installation and then first post installation boot.

That worked! I installed with -f -v -x AND after the install booted up for the first time with -f -v -x and it worked! I used EE's provided to me by Jake Lo. w00t! Testing now to see if there is anything broken. (Still running through wizard right now).

EDIT: Haha, well, booting in safe mode works... in regular mode I still get the usual AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement Kernel Panic :( Hmmm