10.9 Mavericks on E6220 Installation Woes

trafsta

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jake Lo : you mean that you did a new installation with the same boot pack you posted some pages before here in this thread ? Or did you do another "build" of boot pack?

trafsta : i have AICPM kernel panic with 10.8.5 too , after upgraded from 10.8.2 with combo update. 

The one on the osxlatitude Bootpack page for 10.8 and E6220's ( http://www.osxlatitude.com/packs/Dell/Dell_Latitude_e6220-ml.zip ). And yes immediately after installing 10.8.5 fresh I installed the supplemental update. No issues at all. Sleep works... not sure about power management (not really sure how to check that even lol) but I assume it works... I've been holding out on getting 10.9 working so I haven't used this E6220 too much under 10.8.5.

yes, Thanks! I just checked it, and if you look inside the Extra/Extensions folder of such package, there is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext … in this way it works, as i said. My concern is using Native Powermanagement, not disabling it (with Null…) Jake(or any other expert/admin)? Do you know anything more about it? Thanks! 

No, i don't know so much :) and i can't solve so many problems unfortunately … there are much more experts than me here, for sure!! :) Thanks for checking, and thanks for admins or technicians to contribute with their experience to help us solving this problem(or just for letting us to understand more about this machine).

• Moderators

steno and trafsta,

Can you upload screenshot of the error?

Verify what version of the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement you're using and for what version of OSX?

What version of OSX are you targeting for?

What version of myHack are you using?

In the BIOS, set it to default, apply, then go back and change Sata to AHCI. You can tweak it later once you got it running.

Hmm I'll let steno take this one, I'm swamped for the next week or so, don't think I'll have time to reinstall 10.9 to get a screenshot of the error again (the partition is currently wiped).

I WAS using Myhack 3.2 BETA 8 (which was the latest version available the last time I tried to load 10.9 a few weeks ago - I now see 3.3.1 is out).

OSX 10.9 is my target... don't really care about 10.8.x if I can get 10.9 working.