10.9 Mavericks on E6220 Installation Woes

trafsta

• Moderators

Ok, in the meantime, you could upgrade your installer to 3.3.1 by downloading it
Run myHack, select install myHack Utilities and point to the USB Installer
Then run myHack again and select Install Chameleon and point to the USB Installer
If you encounter the error below installing the utility, go to the installer S/L/E and delete myHack.kext and start again.
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.17.38 AM.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol. whoops, I tried the 'AppleIntelCPUPowerMangement fix' or 'patch' or whatever its called in the new myhack 3.3.1 and it blew up my 10.8.5 partition... -f -v -x doesn't even work... oh well... I had a bit of time (my 1 month old kid finally fell asleep for a while) so I tried redoing my 10.9 installer USB and I've tried a few different ways but I always get "The OS X installation couldn't be completed" when I boot from it and it forces me to shutdown or reboot... never seen that before using myhack 3.2 beta 8. I think I'm going to take a break from this for a while and regroup at a later time... :P Especially since I only have a 10.6.8 D420 left now and it can't even run the latest myhack on it (incompatible with 10.6.8) to make another USB installer (and too lazy to reinstall 10.8.5 for the millionth time). steno, I'm leaving it up to you to figure it out and give detailed instructions on how to get 10.9 installed lol :)

Anyways, thanks for all your help everyone. I'll definitely keep monitoring this thread to see how it progresses.

myhack won't even run on my D420 10.6.8 laptop unless I run 3.1.x or older which doesn't support 10.9. Might have something to do with it not being a Core 2 Duo (it's just a Core Duo) - no 64bit support. I had used my sisters real Macbook Pro with 10.6.8 (intel Core i7 64bit) to make my 10.9 USB installer a month or so ago. Won't be seeing her for a few more weeks and I have no other access to real Macbooks. :(

• Administrators

Fair enough, I've no non-C2D systems, so never actually verified that particular point. I indeed used v3.1.x when I briefly had a D420 earlier this year.

Meantime, I guess you'd have to make a small partition at the end of your E6220 HDD with ML on it then...