EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

Hi,

This is a standalone kext (does similar to what IOAudioFamily patched) which sends EAPD verb command on boot and after sleep for the Realtek Audio codecs ALC2xx which has EAPD in their output nodes (speaker and Headphone) to enable the audio.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I have Sony Vaio SE which uses RealTek ALC275 codec, and was having to using an old patched SL IOAudioFamily.kext to get around the issue of no sound after wake from sleep but you little fix seems to have solved that for me so now I can run native IOAuidioFamily.kext and finally have HDMI Audio.

Changes to plist :-

<key>EAPDFix</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio Sense</key>
<true/>
<key>AudioNodes</key>
<dict>
<key>Headphones</key>
<integer>21</integer>
<key>Speaker</key>
<integer>20</integer>
</dict>

This should work for Sony SA & SB that use the same codec, if anybody needs it I've attached my pre-configured version.

Great Work, thanks again.

Cheers

Jay

EAPDFix-Sony-ALC275.zip

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I have Sony Vaio SE which uses RealTek ALC275 codec, and was having to using an old patched SL IOAudioFamily.kext to get around the issue of no sound after wake from sleep but you little fix seems to have solved that for me so now I can run native IOAuidioFamily.kext and finally have HDMI Audio.

@EMIyDinEsH

Spoke to early, i got a bit of a strange issue with your EAPDfix.

If I put my system to sleep by closing the lid, and then wake it by opening the lid and pressing a key, your EAPDfix does its job and sorts the speaker sound out (speaker graphics shows on the screen briefly)

However, if I let the system automatically go to sleep via the energy saver or if i manually put the system to sleep by clicking on the apple menu and selecting sleep, then your fix does not seem to work ? although checking the system log shows that it did in fact run with no errors:-

Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully

No speaker graphic appears on the screen and the system has no speaker sounds (just like before your EAPDfix was installed), however if i then close the lid and let it go to sleep and then wake it, your EAPDfix works again ?

Wried ehh ?

i'm running OSX 10.9.0 - Mavericks - As long as EAPD is working All sound I/O works perfect inc. HDMI Audio.

Any ideas or suggestions ?, i've attached a zip with my DSDT, Patched AppleHDA, ioreg & codec dump.

Cheers

Jay

PS: Many thanks for your patching guide on AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, have now got HDMI audio working so very happy :-)

​Update 3-Nov 2013: I've managed to fix this behaviour by adding the kernel flag 'darkwake=0', all seems perfect now.

Sony_SE.zip

@EMIyDinEsH

Spoke to early, i got a bit of a strange issue with your EAPDfix.

If I put my system to sleep by closing the lid, and then wake it by opening the lid and pressing a key, your EAPDfix does its job and sorts the speaker sound out (speaker graphics shows on the screen briefly)

However, if I let the system automatically go to sleep via the energy saver or if i manually put the system to sleep by clicking on the apple menu and selecting sleep, then your fix does not seem to work ? although checking the system log shows that it did in fact run with no errors:-

Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
Nov  3 03:33:38 jaysmonkeybookpro kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully

No speaker graphic appears on the screen and the system has no speaker sounds (just like before your EAPDfix was installed), however if i then close the lid and let it go to sleep and then wake it, your EAPDfix works again ?

Wried ehh ?

i'm running OSX 10.9.0 - Mavericks - As long as EAPD is working All sound I/O works perfect inc. HDMI Audio.

Any ideas or suggestions ?, i've attached a zip with my DSDT, Patched AppleHDA, ioreg & codec dump.

Cheers

Jay

PS: Many thanks for your patching guide on AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB, have now got HDMI audio working so very happy :-)

​Update 3-Nov 2013: I've managed to fix this behaviour by adding the kernel flag 'darkwake=0', all seems perfect now.

I'm glad as i was able to help you. If you don't mind, can you share a dump of your notebook based on my thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/ from Windows? so i can add your model to our EDP database for others and also you can get updates on your model if we find anything useful related to your hardware in future.

I'm glad as i was able to help you. If you don't mind, can you share a dump of your notebook based on my thread: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1945-dsdtssdt-patching/ from Windows? so i can add your model to our EDP database for others and also you can get updates on your model if we find anything useful related to your hardware in future.

EMlyDinEsH,

Its the least I can do given the amount I've learned from using your guides and fixes.

Attached archive contains everything (and more) you asked for including Patched DSDT & SSDT

Specific CPU  Type: Intel i7 2640M @ 2.8Ghz / Max turbo 3.5ghz

Cheers

Jay

Sony_SE.zip

Still can't fix audio through internal speakers after sleep. Audio via headphones is working fine.

My hackintosh build is Mavericks 10.9 on ThinkPad T530. Here is what I manually patched in EAPDFix.kext > Info.plist:

<dict>
		<key>EAPDFix</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Audio Sense</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AudioNodes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Headphones</key>
				<integer>21</integer>
				<key>Speaker</key>
				<integer>20</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.EAPDFix</string>
			<key>Codec Address</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>EAPDFix</string>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<integer>10</integer>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOResources</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>IOKit</string>
		</dict>

And here is the output from its activity (looks like it's functioning properly):

11/22/13 4:32:11.731 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPDFix v1.0 for Audio codecs with EAPD in output nodes by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) (c) 2013
11/22/13 4:32:22.062 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully
11/22/13 4:36:11.000 PM kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.EAPDFix triggered rebuild
11/22/13 4:45:06.225 PM com.apple.kextcache[330]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"

I'm using 10.9 native IOAudioFamily.kext and the following patched version of AppleHDA.kext:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3619-alc269-vc2-hd/

Find below attached my Linux codec-dump.

It will be nice if anybody can help... Thanks!

ALC269VC_codec_dump.txt

If I install this kext, I will now be able to get audio after wake from sleep, is that correct? Do I have to do any plist editing?

Yes if you have EAPD in your codec output nodes. And you need to edit plist with the decimal values of Node ID which has EAPD.

there isn't working Audio Sense in Lion.

ML and Mavericks are working Audio Sense.

can you fix this issue?

Seems like an issue with Xcode compilation. Will try to compile again but i need beta testing. Can you PM me so i can give you kext to test?

• Like 1

Still can't fix audio through internal speakers after sleep. Audio via headphones is working fine.

My hackintosh build is Mavericks 10.9 on ThinkPad T530. Here is what I manually patched in EAPDFix.kext > Info.plist:

<dict>
		<key>EAPDFix</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Audio Sense</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AudioNodes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>Headphones</key>
				<integer>21</integer>
				<key>Speaker</key>
				<integer>20</integer>
			</dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.EAPDFix</string>
			<key>Codec Address</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>EAPDFix</string>
			<key>IOProbeScore</key>
			<integer>10</integer>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOResources</string>
			<key>IOResourceMatch</key>
			<string>IOKit</string>
		</dict>

And here is the output from its activity (looks like it's functioning properly):

11/22/13 4:32:11.731 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPDFix v1.0 for Audio codecs with EAPD in output nodes by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) (c) 2013
11/22/13 4:32:22.062 PM com.apple.kextd[12]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
11/22/13 4:32:22.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
11/22/13 4:34:54.000 PM kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfully
11/22/13 4:36:11.000 PM kernel[0]: considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.EAPDFix triggered rebuild
11/22/13 4:45:06.225 PM com.apple.kextcache[330]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/EAPDFix.kext"

I'm using 10.9 native IOAudioFamily.kext and the following patched version of AppleHDA.kext:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3619-alc269-vc2-hd/

Find below attached my Linux codec-dump.

It will be nice if anybody can help... Thanks!

Do you get sound from speaker at boot? Can you send me your system log after sleep so i can check?

Yes if you have EAPD in your codec output nodes. And you need to edit plist with the decimal values of Node ID which has EAPD.

Seems like an issue with Xcode compilation. Will try to compile again but i need beta testing. Can you PM me so i can give you kext to test?

i sent pm. plz check my pm. i want to tester.