EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

Thank you Dinesh. This version works just as well as Final version. No issue with KP when music is playing and waking from sleep.

Good :) Thanks for testing.

Okay after a couple days of testing, I run into the following problem.

After sleep the sound is okay, but the system panics after a few seconds and restarts. However it does not happen all the time. Maybe a difference between sleep and deep sleep.

Any thoughts?

Rgds,

Simania

what about you ? Did you test new build i attached ?

On my Acer 3820T running El Capitan 10.11.3, V2.2 EAPDFix.kext broke audio for me too.

After installing EAPDfix kext (in /Library/Extensions) I get no sound device (in or out).

I removed the EAPDfix.kext and audio is back.

BTW, I used your excellent audio patching guide (from codec dump to verbs commands to .zlib files) to kext create an audio injector kext.

UPDATE: I fixed my issue by using the EAPD CodecCommander kext by Timewalker and Rehabman (here). Default profile did enable the speakers on wake, but it disabled the HP's. I created my own profile that had a custom command to re-enable the HP's on wake as well. All good now.

V2.2 on El Capitan broke audio for me. If I install the kext then no audio, when I uninstall it it works. I tried all the fix types, not helping. What could cause this issue?

Old version works ? Which codec you have ? send me your system log please with my kext installed after sleep.

On my Acer 3820T running El Capitan 10.11.3, V2.2 EAPDFix.kext broke audio for me too.

After installing EAPDfix kext (in /Library/Extensions) I get no sound device (in or out).

BTW, I used your excellent audio patching guide (from codec dump to verbs commands to .zlib files) to kext create an audio injector kext.

UPDATE: I fixed my issue by using the EAPD CodecCommander kext by Timewalker and Rehabman (here). Default profile did enable the speakers on wake, but it disabled the HP's. I created my own profile that had a custom command to re-enable the HP's on wake as well. All good now.

Can you confirm old version of my kext ? i have not seen this issue in my testing. Please send me your system log with my kext installed so i can fix it.

hello guys.

where did you install location?

EFI?

or S/L/E?

If you aren't try it,  try it EFI or S/L/E

and feedback with log

my system 

alc270

10.11.3 official and latest 10.11.4 beta4 are no problem

i install EFI folder.

i want to know your location and log

hello guys.

where did you install location?

EFI?

or S/L/E?

If you aren't try it,  try it EFI or S/L/E

and feedback with log

my system 

alc270

10.11.3 official and latest 10.11.4 beta4 are no problem

i install EFI folder.

i want to know your location and log

I already mentioned that I installed epadfix.kext into /Library/Extensions.

Can you confirm old version of my kext ? i have not seen this issue in my testing. Please send me your system log with my kext installed so i can fix it.

Yes your version 2.1 works fine (installed into /Library/Extensions).

I installed version 2.2 (again into /Library/Extensions) and audio stops working.

Relevant logs entries:

28/02/2016 17:16:52.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix v2.2 Final Copyright (c) EMlyDinEsH <www.osxlatitude.com> 2013-2016.
28/02/2016 17:16:52.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: OS X Version 10.11
28/02/2016 17:16:52.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: EAPD Capabale for output Node 0x14
28/02/2016 17:16:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Using Fix type 1, will send the codec verb to enable EAPD/Jack Sense
28/02/2016 17:16:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Headphone Node 0x21, Speaker Node 0x1e, External Mic Node 0x1b, Internal Mic Node 0x12
28/02/2016 17:16:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Speakers has EAPD, Headphones has no EAPD, Jack sense Fix Disabled
28/02/2016 17:16:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Speakers EAPD is down, Trying to power up...
28/02/2016 17:16:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Codec verb sent successfully to power up EAPD.
28/02/2016 17:17:23.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Failed to find AppleHDADriver entry.
28/02/2016 17:17:53.000 kernel[0]: EAPDFix: Failed to find AppleHDADriver entry.

It appears that certain nodes are not being scanned correctly.

My nodes are as follows:

0x12 - internal mic

0x14 - Internal speakers (with EAPD)

0x18 - external mic / Line-In

0x21 - HP (no EAPD)

0x1e - SPDIF - disabled in the PinConfigs (with 01EF00040)

See attached HDA injector.

Note: replacing eapdfix.kext (v2.2) with codeccommander.kext (in /library/extensions) and updating the kernel cache (using sudo kextcache -u /) immediately restores audio without restarting the OS.

MacNB-AppleHDA269.kext.zip