EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

And now after my investigation ably sometimes I have this bug, in generally everything is well. May be I need to change some settings? My system is 10.9 maverick

First I try go-to st-by, everything is OK: st-by work,after wake up, sound is working.

Again go to st-by and wake up, already without sound  :(

Can you check your system log after sleep for the messages start with EAPD: xxxxx and tell me what you get? Also do you get Volume notification animation after sleep like the user" ninnggu2008" shown above with a pop sound?

Yes I get notification, and  now work everything well. I will proceed to see during time.

Oct 22 19:30:22 iMac-Sergio kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1470c02 to Speaker Node#20
Oct 22 19:30:22 iMac-Sergio kernel[0]: EAPD: Sending Command 0x1570c02 to Headphone Node#21
Oct 22 19:30:22 iMac-Sergio kernel[0]: EAPD: Command(s) Sent Successfull

No, you can't. Its needed in order to wakeup the codec after sleep. I'm trying other ways which doesn't show this animation, will update if it works.

It's interesting that if I set 'Audio Sense' to NO,  I got loud 'pop' after wake up before the speaker works, but Volume notification animation disappear, if I set it to yes, I have Volume notification animation and no loud 'pop'. It seems that I don't have '30second' problem.

But if I use patched IOAudioFamily, both loud "pop" and Volume notification animation disappear.

It's interesting that if I set 'Audio Sense' to NO,  I got loud 'pop' after wake up before the speaker works, but Volume notification animation disappear, if I set it to yes, I have Volume notification animation and no loud 'pop'. It seems that I don't have '30second' problem.

But if I use patched IOAudioFamily, both loud "pop" and Volume notification animation disappear.

Yes, for some codec this 30 seconds issue is not there. I Will also patch IOAudioFamilyxx as well when the sources are released by Apple, meanwhile use this kext (or) old IOAudioFamilyxxx kext.

To try and help you need to study Intel High Definition Audio specification as well as codec datasheet for some variations of ALC269 (modification VB perhaps) to be able to know how verbs are sent to controller and what verbs handle what on the codec nids. I've tried manually (by sending verbs) rerouting widget, i've tried forcing widget to be unmuted and i've tried toggling jack insertion for hp socket .. all to no avail. FreeBSD guys have figured the reason for it, but the fix with AppleHDA is not really coming to me .. Here are the details link