EAPD/Jack sense Fix (No sound and jack sense issue after sleep)

EMlyDinEsH

Do you get sound from speaker at boot? Can you send me your system log after sleep so i can check?

Hello EMlyDinEsH,

I'm getting sound from internal speakers at boot only when i press F12 to launch quick boot menu or when trying to access BIOS.

Find attached below my system log after boot.

Thanks for your help in advance! I really can't figure this out...

P.S. Actually logging after sleep starts after the following lines:

12/13/13 2:19:34.000 PM kernel[0]: sleep
12/13/13 2:19:34.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: SLPB LID

syslog_after_sleep.txt

Hello EMlyDinEsH,

I'm getting sound from internal speakers at boot only when i press F12 to launch quick boot menu or when trying to access BIOS.

Find attached below my system log after boot.

Thanks for your help in advance! I really can't figure this out...

P.S. Actually logging after sleep starts after the following lines:

12/13/13 2:19:34.000 PM kernel[0]: sleep
12/13/13 2:19:34.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: SLPB LID

Do you get Volume control Bezel animation after sleep like this?

post-15361-0-93324600-1382445133.png

Do you get Volume control Bezel animation after sleep like this?

post-15361-0-93324600-1382445133.png

Yes, I get the volume control bezel displayed every time after sleep (I think that it is toggled by "Audio Sense"=true key in Info.plist) but still no sound through internal speakers.

Only headphones are working properly.

Yes, I get the volume control bezel displayed every time after sleep (I think that it is toggled by "Audio Sense"=true key in Info.plist) but still no sound through internal speakers.

Only headphones are working properly.

Your answer to speaker audio after boot is confusing me. Can you send me your codec dump and patched AppleHDA? so i can take a look at that.

You answer to speaker audio after boot is confusing me. Can you send me your codec dump and patched AppleHDA? so i can take a look at that.

I meant that if I don't touch any keys at boot, I don't get any sound from my system. It just normally boots into Mavericks without producing any sound during boot.

But if I press F12 at boot, to enter the BIOS menu, the key press is followed by short beep and after that BIOS pops up.

Find attached my patched AppleHDA.kext (Layout ID = 28) along with linux codec dump for ALC269 VC.

I'm using HDEF DSDT patch in order to inject the proper layout ID.

Thanks for your help once again!

ALC269VC_codec_dump.txt

AppleHDA.kext.zip

I've noticed that with version 1.2 upon wakeup when volume control bezel appears an extra character is being typed into the password field as if the volume control key press is not the only key that is being emulated upon wakeup. I'd suggest to emulate a mute/unmute event instead of volume up or down event.

Also, oddly enough, even though the bezel comes up there is no *pop* sound being emitted from the speaker, which in hand means that audio stream is not enabled. With version 1.0 everything happens as expected.

I've noticed that with version 1.2 upon wakeup when volume control bezel appears an extra character is being typed into the password field as if the volume control key press is not the only key that is being emulated upon wakeup. I'd suggest to emulate a mute/unmute event instead of volume up or down event.

Also, oddly enough, even though the bezel comes up there is no *pop* sound being emitted from the speaker, which in hand means that audio stream is not enabled. With version 1.0 everything happens as expected.

Thanks for your bug report, will try to check and fix it.

Things are not looking good for future OSX releases... updated to 10.9.2 build C32, it has AppleHDA of version 2.6.0

Even though you can make an audio stream start by some means (antipop, NX keypress for sound conrtrol or just general F-key press to trigger a *bonk* sound) the audio will be suppressed again after exactly 25 seconds. I've timed it hitting the F10 key after waking the machine up... hitting it every 24 seconds produces a *bonk*, but miss a second and audio stream is gone. 

It was working flawlessly prior to 10.9.2 beta update though.. so something has clearly changed in the big picture. 

Edit:

It actually makes me think that due to the nature of audio stream's passthrough to speakers via EAPD  there is some sort of checks involved after sleep in one of the binaries inside AppleHDA (either the main binary itself or one of the plugins, perhaps DspLib) that have this 25000ms delay defined after which audio stream to the respective node gets cut and codec just stalls now knowing what to do, hence jack sensing breaks. And with version 2.6.0 these checks have gotten much more severe.. perhaps our codec won't return some kind of response that the kext expects to get so it just shuts it off after 25 second. And what previously was just a one time deal now became a routine in a form of loop or something...

Any thoughts ?