M4400 - booting the myHack USB installer

supasike

Well I got the OSX Mavericks working pretty well on the dell m4400 How I did it was a werid combo, I used the Bootpack for the E6400 to get the myhack to just get in & install, Once that was finished I had already down loaded the bootpack (Mavericks) for the M4400 I used kext wizard and installed some kexts, replaced the dsdt in extra folder as well as the smbios boot and other script file, the weird thing is that it boots up great all the time in verbose but do not mind at all, but system info shows me my cpu is only geared at 2.17 ghz and 721ghz on ddr 2 ram???? The graphics are 1700m weirder it shows 1024mb instead of the 512 meg it really has. Also I looked when its loading to OSX Mav, the cpu shows in verbose Qx9300 2.53 which is my installed cpu on this lap. Then I checked extra folder and looked into the scripts and its telling me in the script its a dell 4400 qx9300 1700m, but system info shows other wise. I am wondering if its really running at 2.53ghz and 800mhz ddr 2, Gotta say One tuff challenge to get this as a hack and Mountain Lion was a B, Mavericks was an easier install than ML!!! Crazy. I installed My DAW (Logic X) the M4400 is running better than expected, I am Pleased But wondering about the system info misguide. I also ordered the dell 1510 wireless for 8 bucks, hopeful that it just works OTB with Mav. Also One more thing the express 54 slot works perfect as I got a USB 3.0 and That is a life saver as I do transfers like crazy, so I recommend that you get a USB 3.0 Express 54 card, works wonders. Herve you been awesome, I will be sending a donation from supasike@rocketmail very soon. Anybody Know Why I am getting a misread in system Info? As I did install this like a E6400 yes, But changed dsdt and scripts and some kexts, just wondering...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Some of the info displayed in Apple Menu -> About this Mac and/or System Report is just cosmetic. Some of this can easily be changed in the DSDT source file. I posted a recent article about this sort of things in the Articles section of the Web site. Have a look at it. You may also want to edit your SMBIOS plist with Chameleon Wizard for other things such as RAM speed for instance. All those are just cosmetic, so no impact on the system at all.

ok great really do not wanna mess with it anymore, gotta say running extremely well espically as my mobile studio, I also have a deaktop hackintosh, I like the fact I can use this where ever I am and just port over to desktop. I had recently purchased a seagate hybrid, do not know if I wanna clone what I just did amd use the seagate hybrid, I really did not see huge speed increases in the seagate, but they claim it learns your patterns. You were very helpful in my success, this was not easy for sure, but this machine is nice running 1900x1200 display is fantastic for working. I really enjoy being here and will continue to be a part of this community, How can I post my lenovo Y570 work arounds so people who may have this laptop can get it running perfectly with my kexts and methods? I am glad I upgraded the cpu to a QX9300 the price I got was great, while ebay and other sources were charging btw 250-500, I got it at supermirco for $155 free shipping, upon just selling my old T9600 dual core 2.8 for $30 on ebay it is like I really spent $125 so no Arguing here! thanks again, and I will not be touching this M4400 no longer, It works period, I am not a cosmetic whore who needs that for relief, as long as it performs like it should, does not bother me in the slightest! Also I just purchased the Dell Wireless Card DW1510 BCM 94322HM8L on Ebay, I heave read people saying it works OTB in ML so hoping I get lucky on Maverick, What do you think?

• Moderators

Also I just purchased the Dell Wireless Card DW1510 BCM 94322HM8L on Ebay, I heave read people saying it works OTB in ML so hoping I get lucky on Maverick, What do you think?

DW1510 will definitely work OTB on Mavericks too. It'll be detected as "Third Party Wireless Card", but that's just cosmetics.  It'll be able to support all the different encryption type as well.

Also one more question is there a good shutdown/restart kext for the maverick dell m4400 cause it finicky when it comes to restarting or shutting down? Also would be nice if someone could make a patched pcmica kext just weird that the express 54 card slot works fine on Maverick just wised someone could make a pcmica kext Anyone?