E6520 Battery Fix - DSDT

tarfoh

credits to rehabman for figuring this out.  

This patch fixed the X battery indicator on my E6520 (10.9 DP8).

DSDT patch - 

into_all all code_regex Mutex\s+\(([^,]*),\s+[^)]*\) replaceall_matched begin Mutex(%1, 0x00) end;

After that, find the BAT1 and BAT2 sections in your DSDT.  Transform the _STA methods in those devices to look like this:

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
{
       Return (Zero)
}

Make sure BAT0 is not altered at all while doing this.

Install the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext

credits to rehabman for figuring this out.  

This patch fixed the X battery indicator on my E6520 (10.9 DP8).

DSDT patch - 

into_all all code_regex Mutex\s+\(([^,]*),\s+[^)]*\) replaceall_matched begin Mutex(%1, 0x00) end;

After that, find the BAT1 and BAT2 sections in your DSDT.  Transform the _STA methods in those devices to look like this:

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)  // _STA: Status
{
       Return (Zero)
}

Make sure BAT0 is not altered at all while doing this.

Install the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Hi, Thanks tarfoh & rehabman's great finding.

I am using a Dell E6320, I think it is more or less the same with E6520 of the Battery section in DSDT. so I just tried your method.

But after I applied the patch command in DSDT Editor, and compile, i got the errors like below:

post-4328-0-46752600-1384071803_thumb.png

then I tried to find out where is changed by this patch code. and after comparing with original DSDT file, I find:

post-4328-0-48625300-1384071864_thumb.png

after check back, i found several function name was change by this patch, so caused following function name lost definition, So, I just want to know why this areas need to be changed.

Could you please help to upload your original DSDT file ,and your modified file here, so I could check if there is anything wrong with my DSDT?

Thanks in advance.

Ps, my Original DSDT and modified DSDT list below:

DSDT-Or.aml.zip

DSDT-New.dsl.zip