Dell 6430u i7-3687U CPU @2.1Ghz

keltonturvey

Hi,

I'm struggling with my first myHack install. I have a Dell 6430u with an i7 and Intel HD graphics. 

I followed Jake Lo's instructions as he looked to have the same laptop but couldn't get the system to boot to do the OSX install. I have managed to install using the Generic Extra but I'm not sure where to go from there. 

I'm just about to try the BootPack for the E6430 - this is a close match for my system but the CPU is different. Is a close match good enough or should I start with the Generic and slowly add stuff?

Any pointers greatly appreciated...

Using the 10.8 Bootpack for Dell Latitude E6430 (i7 3520M & HD4000) I couldn't get it to boot. I have attached a photo of the error. Things start to go wrong with com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found. I couldn't see this file anywhere on the USB stick.

post-4953-0-34071800-1451560110_thumb.jpg

I'm now doing an install with the Generic Extra (and PciRoot=1) to get OSX on the hard drive. 

Can I use EDP to get the drivers I need?

>> Can I use EDP to get the drivers I need?

Yes.

In fact, I have a E6430 and was having issue getting it to boot the installation. Instead of using the bootpack to install, I installed the kexts from the bootpack, one by one. Since you had no luck 'getting it all at once', I strongly suggest you go for each driver separately, backing up the kexts you override/delete. That way, if something breaks your system, you can revert the change by booting again on single user mode or using the the Install USB.

thanks,

I was using the one by one method and I got as far as battery and network. :) But whilst trying to get my HD4000 to work I have messed up the system and need to do a fresh install. :( I did load and run EDP but it looked like it was going to wipe out my existing Extra rather than add to it? 

Another question; why might the trackpad stop working? It seams that I have to boot with -f to get it to work. The after a chameleon install it stopped all together

• Moderators

Hi,

I'm struggling with my first myHack install. I have a Dell 6430u with an i7 and Intel HD graphics. 

I followed Jake Lo's instructions as he looked to have the same laptop but couldn't get the system to boot to do the OSX install. I have managed to install using the Generic Extra but I'm not sure where to go from there. 

I'm just about to try the BootPack for the E6430 - this is a close match for my system but the CPU is different. Is a close match good enough or should I start with the Generic and slowly add stuff?

Any pointers greatly appreciated...

You can try my bootpack from this guide. Make sure to include AppleIntelFramebufferCapri as well, just leave out the SSDT files.

Well, I'm a bit further down the road. Well a lot further actually. :) I have 10.8.5 installed with ethernet, accel graphics and audio.

I used the EDP to build the basic kexts for me then replaced some. Specially:

Removed HDADisabler and replaced AppleHDA (thanks Jake Lo) - this improved the audio and I have a mic working too

Also removed the VooDooPS2 and replaced with ApplePS2Controller as this stopped working when I added AppleIntelFrameBuferCapri

I created a ssdt using ssdtPRGen but i don't think its quite right. Can anyone recommend a tool to view clock speed? I tried hardware monitor and the intel monitor but they can't read the data and just show temps only. 

Also used an ubuntu boot USB to get some accurate data on whats in this laptop. 

Have orded a DW1510 to replace the Intel Centrino wifi...

Overall very pleased and thanks to everyone who runs this very useful site! 

Thanks for the reply...

I tried v5.3.901 - the latest version that comes with the HWSensor install package but couldn't boot. Went to v4 now I get temps and cpu frequencies x2 - one for each CPU. Intel PowerGadget now works too. 

I made an SSDT using a couple of different methods, the best one seems to be the one I made with ssdtPRGen. But I only see two clock speeds 792MHz and 1980Mhz. The CPU is supposed to be 2.1Ghz to 3.3Ghz. Is that misreporting? Multipliers are 8 & 20. I was expecting more than that?

I've tried several i7 smbios files included with chameleon but they don't seem to make any difference apart from what is displayed in system report.