Dell 6430u i7-3687U CPU @2.1Ghz

keltonturvey

I have 10.9.5 running on my Dell 6430u i7 3687U @2.1Ghz HD4000 (no nvidia).

When I use the files that Jake Lo provided in his instruction for 6430u-i7-3667u (including the updated mach_kernel and SSDT for 3687u) I cannot boot anymore. I have to use the e6430 Extra files that I used for installation to get my machine starting again. Initial installation went smoothly, no issues at all.

The problem i have right now is the non-functioning sleep and no multitouch both of which i would like to be working. ;) Any ideas which files need to be replaced or updated? Thanks.

• Moderators

Generate your own SSDT.aml with ssdtprGen.sh, see if that fixes your sleep issue.

As for multitouch, you can have 2 finger scrolling with VoodooPS2Controller. See Ahmad's Refined Alps touchpad thread. On his last post, use SonVu2's version.

Re: SLEEP

Generating my own SSDT.aml is above my pay grade. No clue how to do it.

By the way, which of those 2 files DSDT or SSDT is responsible for the correct sleep/wake function?

Re: MULTITOUCH

Just tried the VoodooPS2Controller.kext (version Nov 13, 2015) from Ahmad's Refined Alps touchpad thread with no luck. Maybe it conflicts with the ApplePS2Controller.kext that I need in order to get support for my 105 key german keyboard.

• Moderators

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

DSDT and SSDT are required for sleep to work. You might also have to set hibernate mode to 0

from the terminal, run

pmset -g

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

The default is 3.

You can't have 2 PS2 controller running at the same, might cause conflict. With ApplePS2Controller, you won't get multitouch because it's just a generic kext for standard mouse. With VoodooPS2Controlloer, there are a few branches. They are for SmartTouch, Alps, Synaptics, and Cypress that I know about. They all use the same name so you have to know where you got the source from. The branch you want if for Alps. You can try asking Ahmad from the Refined Alps touchpad thread if he could support the 105 german keyboard. His time is limited so hopefully he has time for you.

I set hibernatemode to 0, but this did not get sleep/wake to work. What my Dell currently does is actually going to sleep and after 2 sec it is back awake on its own but with monitor staying asleep.  See attached the settings and commands I did. I got a warning message though.

post-64963-0-56457700-1448937449_thumb.png

VoodooPS2Controller.kext alone w/out ApplePS2Controller.kext did activate the 2 finger scrolling. But, as expected, my integrated 105 german keyboard is not fully supported with this Voo*.kext.  I can live without the 2 finger scrolling or multitouch on my touchpad for a while...but the non functioning sleep/wake bothers me really badly.

Back to creating my own SSDT. Once I get the ssdtPRgen.sh running what am I supposed to do then? Using my existing SSDT  and modify? If so, what should I check/modify for sleep function? Thanks a lot.

• Moderators

Save the generated SSDT.aml to /Extra replacing the file there.

Launch console from 'Spotlight Search'. From there, select System log. Do a search for 'Wake Reason'. That may determine what is causing the sleep interruption.

In regards to generating/modifying my own SSDT: I have absolutely no clue where to start and what I need to do with ssdtPRGen.sh at all? (I am not a coder, just a hobby "hacker" who needs "a bit" of a guidance!)

System.log with wake search gives me this:

post-64963-0-11236700-1449012783_thumb.png

After this I did a sleep test without having anything plugged into any of the USB ports. Sleep/wake seemed to be working then. :)

Usually i have my wireless logitech mouse at an USB port. Strange...With all USB ports empty i got "Wake reason = PBTN" which i assume is the power button how it is supposed to be.

Is there something wrong with my settings or mouse or ...?

Just checked sleep/wake with an USB stick in -> sleep was not working, machine woke up automatically after 1 second again. So, it should not be a mouse specific issue but probably an USB port issue!?!?

Edited by antrieb

• Moderators

What's the Wake Reason if you have USB device plugged in?

Download the ssdtPRGen.sh script. Open a terminal, navigate to the location of the script and enter

sudo chmod +x ssdtprGen.sh 

ssdtprgen.sh

answer Y to the questions and an SSDT.aml will be generated to the Desktop. Move the file to /Extra

if it can't generate an SSDT.aml but only SSDT.dsl, then open the SSDT.dsl with Chameleon Wizard, it'll compile it for you.