Dell 6430u i7-3687U CPU @2.1Ghz

keltonturvey

OK... creating SSDT worked. Thanks for helping!

Just copied the new file to Extra folder. I need to run myfix and restart...to see if it did the trick.

Wake reason with something plugged in USB port is actually shown in the screenshot that i pasted in my previous post (#60).

Wake Reason = XHC

Hello guys. I have installed Mac OS x 10.9.5 on my Dell 6430u with i7 3667 2000 MHz follow these guide https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7133-dell-latitude-6430u-with-i7-3667u-hd-4000-mavericks-1094/with pre generated SSDT for my CPU and everything was fine except turbo boost. My cpu had only two states - 795 and 1880 and geekbench was very low for these laptop - about 5200 points. Jake Lo advised me to generate my own SSDT and showed me where to find terminal commands for this. So, I`ve done that and tweak these new SSDT with changing base frequency from 800 to 900 to fully recognise my CPU. Now everything works fine, including disableturboboostonbattery kext. Intel Power gadget and Istatmenus shows right Freqency and voltage changing. In idle state the temperature is the same. 

Here is my SSDT. I hope it will help you.

SSDT_i7_3667u_TurboBoost.zip

• Like 1

@dimoro: I am wondering why you changed the base frequency from 800 to 900.

Your 3667U and my 3687U are almost the same except for the nominal and max. frequencies (as far as I could find out). But your SSDT has some more minor differences not only the frequencies. Did you only change the base freq?

When I run intels power gadget I see there frequencies IA:0.8Ghz  GT: 0.35Ghz all the time. No changes here at all. (!?)