Snow Leopard on D420

crazy83

Actually, I can't access any MAC. I have a D420 (CoreDuo, 2gb RAM, Dell Wifi) where I already installed with success 1.6.8 in the past. Then I gave the notebook to my brother who installed Win 7 deleting OSX. Now he returned me the computer and I'd like to reinstall SL but trying with ModCD and a retail SL DVD I obtained a kernel panic: something related to the ACPI kext. The BIOS is set as in the BIOS settings topic for D420.

Any help? Thanks

I have searched a lot and don't found nothing more than: start ModCD, eject ModCD, insert Snow Leopard retail DVD, press F5, press enter!

Is there something wrong? Am I missing a step? What could be the problem described in the first post?

Thanks

• Administrators

I posted a very detailed guide for ModCD SL installation on D420/D430 in this very section not that long ago. Just do a search please.

Do a search for "ModCD D420" or "ModCD D430" with Author set to "Hervé" on forum section "D4xx" for stuff posted since, say, "July 1st" for instance. Bear in mind that what you're looking for may not be in the 1st search result of course...

I've read almost all the D4xx section but unfortunatly I'm still stucked at the same point. No one know the exact flags for ModCD to install retail SL on D420? Thanks in advance.

And one more thing: Hervé, if you think that your guide is so complete and useful, why don't you set it as a sticky post? It's better than make a search every time you need it, don't you think?