Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Do you have a working network connection?

Hi again,

My connections its working but some times (after mavericks) haven't  

Now:

I use Kext wizard and sound and wifi now working. (use ur voodoo kext)

Normally ur ethernet system its working well (thank u again)

I use chameleon wizard and i passed -f problem (also dual system working now)

iCloud, Appstore, iMessages working after this way;

iCloud & App Store fix:

Download : Efi Studio 

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply. 

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio, change device to Ethernet, then click add device.

4. Copy this: 

<key>device-properties</key>

<string></string> 

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI  Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart 

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom. 

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time. 

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

iMessage fix:

1. Install Chameleon

2. Install the FileNVRAM.dylib 

• Go to your /Extra folder --> Create a "Modules" folder without the quotes if you haven't already got one
  • Drag and drop the FileNVRAM.dylib to the Modules folder
  • Reboot and sign in to iMessage!

Thanx  Paludan 2

Also after step one, iMessages working to.. If didn't work you can tray next step.

Ps:

Just shut down didn't work correctly, my latitude its shutting down but blue light didn't go, when i push this button (7sec) closed completely.

Edited by brainlobe

Hi Brainlobe,

In order to have the shutdown working properly, you will need to patch the DSDT. At least worked for me.

You can find a patched DSDT.aml for Latitude E6410 in the topic of Patel4Prez to install the Mountain Lion. The link is below:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1695-e6410-mountain-lion-guide/

Search for the file "E6410 ML 10.8.4.zip", extract the DSDT.aml file and save it in /Extra of your Mavericks installation.

After this, you need to edit the "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and insert the lines below:

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

You can use the Chameleon Wizard that's easier to edit the "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

After, just reboot to read the DSDT.aml configs. Try to shutdown and check if it works for you.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Hi Patel4Prez,

First of all, just to congratulate you for the great guide to install Mavericks!

I would like to give you some suggestions about your guide, but I'm not sure if it's the right topic. Let me know where is the best place to do so.

Not sure if you already have the SD card reader working, but mine is working fine so far.

I haven't tested extensively, and it's impossible to cover all the scenarios. Just reading and writing on my E6410.

Let me know if you want to cover on a new topic.

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Hi Patel4Prez,

First of all, just to congratulate you for the great guide to install Mavericks!

I would like to give you some suggestions about your guide, but I'm not sure if it's the right topic. Let me know where is the best place to do so.

Not sure if you already have the SD card reader working, but mine is working fine so far.

I haven't tested extensively, and it's impossible to cover all the scenarios. Just reading and writing on my E6410.

Let me know if you want to cover on a new topic.

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Hi Brainlobe,

In order to have the shutdown working properly, you will need to patch the DSDT. At least worked for me.

You can find a patched DSDT.aml for Latitude E6410 in the topic of Patel4Prez to install the Mountain Lion. The link is below:

Search for the file "E6410 ML 10.8.4.zip", extract the DSDT.aml file and save it in /Extra of your Mavericks installation.

After this, you need to edit the "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" and insert the lines below:

DSDT

/Extra/DSDT.aml

You can use the Chameleon Wizard that's easier to edit the "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

After, just reboot to read the DSDT.aml configs. Try to shutdown and check if it works for you.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Hey Pablo,

Thanks for your contributions!

How did you get the SD Card Reader to work under Mavericks?

I will try and add the Shutdown fix to the troubleshooting section of the guide ASAP.

Hi Brainlobe,

<key>DSDT</key>

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Pablo,

This worked GREAT on my E6410.  Thank you for posting it!!

• Like 1

Hi Brainlobe,

<key>DSDT</key>

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Pablo Iglesias

Pablo,

I have done whet you wrote but had some issues.

The system will only boot when I boot it with -f.

Then shutdown functions, sleep looks to work but the power button stays ON and the van keeps on running and keeps blowing warm air even after 3 to 4 minutes.

I took out the lines in the plist file kept the aml file in the Extra folder and the system had to be started with -f.

What could be the case of this?

thanks,

Pablo,

I have done whet you wrote but had some issues.

The system will only boot when I boot it with -f.

Then shutdown functions, sleep looks to work but the power button stays ON and the van keeps on running and keeps blowing warm air even after 3 to 4 minutes.

I took out the lines in the plist file kept the aml file in the Extra folder and the system had to be started with -f.

What could be the case of this?

thanks,

Hang tight. 

I hope to add a fix for Shutdown/DSDT and the -f issue later on today (check back at about 1600 Eastern Time)...

Hang tight. 

I hope to add a fix for Shutdown/DSDT and the -f issue later on today (check back at about 1600 Eastern Time)...

Great.

SD card reader is working and soon shutdown will do the same.

Now I only have to find a kext for the 1520 Wifi card.