Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

• Moderators

Great.

SD card reader is working and soon shutdown will do the same.

Now I only have to find a kext for the 1520 Wifi card.

If you mean Dell DW1520, it's not supported. You won't find a kext for it anywhere. You'll need a Dw1510, works OTB.

All,

I have one new issue.

When connected to my network by cable the connection with the network gets lost every now and then.

I have the DHCP setting to auto and all is filled out correctly only a reboot of the E6410 will get my ether net back.

I loss connection to other Mac's in the home network as well connection to the Internet.

Does one of you seen a similar problem and was able to fix it?

thanks,

When I tried to upgrade my system from E6410 Intel Graphic to Nvidia Graphic, I think I met same problem with DLinkOZ and deano019s.

I tried to boot with USB Memory Stick, but I couldn't - KP after CPU recognition. I could boot with old AppleACPIPlatform.kext file.

I had a question - why my system couldn't boot without old AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Finally, I think I found the reason - It's compatibility issue between newest AppleACPIPlatform.kext and BIOS option about VT-D.

(BIOS - Virtualization Support - Enable VT for Direct I/O : Uncheck)

After re-installed, I found a defect about battery detection. With old AppleACPIPlatform.kext I could use AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext with perfect monitoring, but now I can only use VoodooBattery.kext - monitoring works but is not perfect.

All,

I have one new issue.

When connected to my network by cable the connection with the network gets lost every now and then.

I have the DHCP setting to auto and all is filled out correctly only a reboot of the E6410 will get my ether net back.

I loss connection to other Mac's in the home network as well connection to the Internet.

Does one of you seen a similar problem and was able to fix it?

thanks,

Not sure why that is. Could it be a network/router issue? I don't know what your setup is like, but if you're connected directly to a router, try power-cycling it.

I'm using Ethernet right now and it's been working for the past four hours.

When I tried to upgrade my system from E6410 Intel Graphic to Nvidia Graphic, I think I met same problem with DLinkOZ and deano019s.

I tried to boot with USB Memory Stick, but I couldn't - KP after CPU recognition. I could boot with old AppleACPIPlatform.kext file.

I had a question - why my system couldn't boot without old AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Finally, I think I found the reason - It's compatibility issue between newest AppleACPIPlatform.kext and BIOS option about VT-D.

(BIOS - Virtualization Support - Enable VT for Direct I/O : Uncheck)

After re-installed, I found a defect about battery detection. With old AppleACPIPlatform.kext I could use AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext with perfect monitoring, but now I can only use VoodooBattery.kext - monitoring works but is not perfect.

That's quite an interesting find...

What do you mean by the monitoring being "perfect" vs. "not perfect"?

Not sure why that is. Could it be a network/router issue? I don't know what your setup is like, but if you're connected directly to a router, try power-cycling it.

I'm using Ethernet right now and it's been working for the past four hours.

That's quite an interesting find...

What do you mean by the monitoring being "perfect" vs. "not perfect"?

When I used VoodooBattery kext, I felt refresh rate was too long. Battery Percentage decreased like 90% > 85%, not like 90% > 89% > 88%...

I tried to use Rehabman's OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver. DSDT patch for EC(as described in the project) was not needed, but It didn't work.

After DSDT Mutex patch, I could use the kext. (2013-12-05 version)

Download Link:

https://code.google.com/p/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/list

Please use with DSDT file attached.

DSDT.aml.zip