Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Hello all, 

Just wanted to let you know about the new guide update. It has been updated to reflect the following:

• All fixes to date are included

• VoodooPS2Keyboard Kernel Panics on first boot are gone

• No more Post Installation steps required!

• Installer creation has been slightly simplified.

Just to share

er, don't know why, I only had to do step 1 to 3 and rebooted.

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3115-mavericks-on-e6410-nvidia/page-6&do=findComment&comment=29106

"

1. Ensure you have the latest chameleon (do this with the Chameleon Wizard) - check the revision at the top with the revision installed at the bottom (I am using r2266)

1.1 click Apply

2. Click modules and tick 'FileNVRAM.dylib' and click update  ** btw the Apply button before update

3. Reboot so a NVRAM file can be generated

"

but fyi, when I had my hackintosh working I don't have serial number.  so right after I generated a my machine serial number I was able to signed in ONCE but after that iMessage didn't want to work for 3 days.  So as I have commented on my other reply to iMessage not working.  I rand update install on chameleon on 4/2/14.

Bronxteck,

Thanks much, that was a solid answer.  This definitely encourage me to triboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) :) as I was thinking I had to go to BIOS to do the switch every time.

So  if I had set BIOS to AHCI on let say a Dell Latitude e6410 with a blank HDD, does the following high level steps works?

with patel's note

"

Also, for those who have MBR Disks, you can install Mavericks to said disk by copying the following files from the MBR Support folder after you finish Creating the Installer:
1. Copy OSInstall.mpkg to [iNSTALLER ROOT]/System/Installation/Packages
2. Copy OSInstall to [iNSTALLER

"

1. create hackintosh partition. Linux, Windows.

1.1 install Chameleon

2. install OSX

3. install Linux, Windows,

So every time I cool boot I can choose OS to work with?

Thanks in advance.

Hi IONIX,

on you Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth did you have it shipped with your system?  What model is this machine.  I have dell e6410 and don't have Bluetooth preinstalled.  So I like to get a sense on installing it myself.   Also, the Dell Wireless 5540 3G/HSDPA are you using it?

Thanks.

Bronxteck,

Thanks much, that was a solid answer.  This definitely encourage me to triboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) :) as I was thinking I had to go to BIOS to do the switch every time.

So  if I had set BIOS to AHCI on let say a Dell Latitude e6410 with a blank HDD, does the following high level steps works?

with patel's note

"

Also, for those who have MBR Disks, you can install Mavericks to said disk by copying the following files from the MBR Support folder after you finish Creating the Installer:

1. Copy OSInstall.mpkg to [iNSTALLER ROOT]/System/Installation/Packages

2. Copy OSInstall to [iNSTALLER

"

1. create hackintosh partition. Linux, Windows.

1.1 install Chameleon

2. install OSX

3. install Linux, Windows,

So every time I cool boot I can choose OS to work with?

Thanks in advance.

I found this:

http://lifehacker.com/5698205/how-to-triple-boot-your-hackintosh-with-windows-and-linux

It's a bit dated, so it references Snow Leopard/Windows 7/an older version of Ubuntu, but it should work the same way with the current OSes.

Hi IONIX,

on you Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth did you have it shipped with your system?  What model is this machine.  I have dell e6410 and don't have Bluetooth preinstalled.  So I like to get a sense on installing it myself.   Also, the Dell Wireless 5540 3G/HSDPA are you using it?

Thanks.

I had ordered a DW 375 Bluetooth for my system after I got it. I installed it when it came (a bit of a process is involved, so make sure you have time!) and it works with OS X just fine. Can't comment on the DW 5540 though; I took mine out because I didn't use it. 

Hi IONIX,

Thanks.

Yes my E6410 was shipped with DW375BT and DW5540HSDPA. I only changed the wlan adapter. Shipped with Intel and replaced with DW1510 Broadcom.

The DW5540 is not in use, i only use hotspot option with my IPhone 5s when needed.

Searching for a battery display fix no success at this time

I tried a battery app on 1 of the 2 e6410 NVidia it didn't work.  But I thought I saw battery icon before.  And mystery appeared today.  Both of my battery status is showing.  on one of them the battery stat show no % when single click on it, it said Condition: Replace Now.  the other one it's normal 92%.

The only problem I have now is the sleep problem. so for now I choose never sleep. 

post-54833-0-54079100-1397182414_thumb.jpeg

post-54833-0-57995100-1397182416_thumb.jpeg

post-54833-0-78023600-1397182418_thumb.jpeg

Hello All,

I'm just wondering if there is a fix for the external vga port?  I have a docking station, i've tried using the vga port on it as well and no luck.  

Im not seeing anything anywhere when I search google for it except dead ends.

What about the Displayport?  I dont have the displayport cable, so i havent tried it.

Thanks in advance.