Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Could someone please post instructions on how to dual boot mavericks and windows 7 on the same hard drive? I have mavericks working properly except sleep and wifi with these instructions but want to get it dual booted. I have the e6410 with nvidia graphics. 

Thanks

• Moderators

Could someone please post instructions on how to dual boot mavericks and windows 7 on the same hard drive? I have mavericks working properly except sleep and wifi with these instructions but want to get it dual booted. I have the e6410 with nvidia graphics. 

Thanks

A simple search of the forum would have brought you here and others.

On another note, has anyone tried 10.9.3 update? I am going to as soon as I get home and can try it with my external HDD.

So I went for the upgrade yesterday. After it installed and rebooted, it forced safe-mode on me and everything seemed to be broken. But I booted up to myHack bootable installer and re-installed the extra folder and it rebooted flawlessly and so far it seems to be working like it did before the update. 

So I went for the upgrade yesterday. After it installed and rebooted, it forced safe-mode on me and everything seemed to be broken. But I booted up to myHack bootable installer and re-installed the extra folder and it rebooted flawlessly and so far it seems to be working like it did before the update. 

Installed the update via Appstore ... everything Ok runs like a charm.

Installed the update via Appstore ... everything Ok runs like a charm.

Same here. Did an update through the Appstore from 10.9.2. to 10.9.3, iTunes 11.2.1, Safari 7.0.4 without any issues. Still everything's working like before.

So I tried everything in this post for the app store, and nothing. Then I tried pokenguen advice:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6559-app-store/?hl=%2Bopen+%2Bdpcimanager+%2B1.5&do=findComment&comment=38625

- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
- Go to System Preferences > Network, delete all connection. Then restart

- Go to System Preferences > Network, add your connection again.</p>

This fixed it for me.

Just an FYI using the fix for imessage also was part of the app store fix. I couldn't get it working with one without the other

Hey guys!

First want to say thanks for those who put up the guide on installing MAC OS X Mavericks on E6410. You are awesome and the guide is so good organized and easy to follow.

Second I have read plenty of the topics but i could not find what i had a problem with, maybe i overlooked or did not see any related topics. But I'm having a problem when i disconnect the AC adapter and trying to run my laptop of the battery. my system seems to go to sleep or maybe something else happens, but my monitor turns off and i can not bring anything back. It seems that system is running in the background. I have to hold my power button and shut it down. After i boot the system back up everything goes ok. 

Any ideas or did some one had the same problem and was able to fix this issue would be nice if you could help out! I appreciate the time and knowledge!

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence! I've been extremely busy with life.

@vgalandin: In System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> look for the computer sleep slider and slide it to "Never"

@barkerman: Thanks for posting back! I'll include this as another solution in the guide.

• Moderators

Hey guys!

First want to say thanks for those who put up the guide on installing MAC OS X Mavericks on E6410. You are awesome and the guide is so good organized and easy to follow.

Second I have read plenty of the topics but i could not find what i had a problem with, maybe i overlooked or did not see any related topics. But I'm having a problem when i disconnect the AC adapter and trying to run my laptop of the battery. my system seems to go to sleep or maybe something else happens, but my monitor turns off and i can not bring anything back. It seems that system is running in the background. I have to hold my power button and shut it down. After i boot the system back up everything goes ok. 

Any ideas or did some one had the same problem and was able to fix this issue would be nice if you could help out! I appreciate the time and knowledge!

Check this thread, sounds like same issue as yours.

Hi guys

Just installed a second hard drive to my E6410 and installed Mavericks 10.9.3 as per Patel4prez guide. First drive is ssd with Win 7.  Quite a very efficient and simple guide. Wonderful work !  Everything works as expected. No wifi because i have a dw1520 card. I am waiting for my dw1510.  First question: I load MacOs by using F12 to get to Boot Menu and choose to boot from second hdd tray. Is there a more elegant way to dual boot on my two hard drives.

Only problems with Mavericks are iMessage and AppStore. I cannot get connected with iMessage . I guess this as to do with the fact that my system has no serial number. On my tower hackintosh where I had an incomplete serial number, that was solved using a "sudo nvram" command in terminal mode and completing the number to get a 17 character serial number. Is there a similar approach for the e6410 ? Upgrading programs from App Store works well. But trying to download new program gives me a message saying that my computer identity could not be verified. I am blocked.  I am rather new to hackintosh.  So simplicity is needed here, if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

BBoris

Dell Latitude e6410 - i5 2,53 GHz, NVidia card, 4 go DDR3, 128Go SSD, 125Go HD(in dvd caddy)

Z77MXQUO-AOS, i7 3770, GEFORCE GTX650TI, 16 GO DDR3, OSX 10.9.3, 256 GO SSD, I TB HD, Time Machine HD 500 GO (Thunderbolt), Bluetooth IoGear GBU521