Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

Guys, i am not sure if any of you have bumped into this or actually know how to get there, but i need help to enter this sort of hidden menu.

This might be KEY to get full UEFI support, as adding EFI strings shows supported paths which the GUI Bios doesn't.

Please have a look and let me know the key combination to boot into, the last hour i had no luck to guess the combo...

post-61699-0-75499900-1412939596_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I have an E6410 with just Intel HD Graphics and I have never seen that screen before. Do you have a modded BIOS?

To set UEFI in bios, during boot select F2 which brings you to the BIOS. It's under General -> Boot Sequence

I have no idea, all i was doing is preparing to switch to VGA via Fn + F8 during either BIOS boot or Clover, which is the only way to get VGA output. I have tried that combo, no luck. I could get in another time, took the picture from above, and looked around a bit. It detected nearly all EFI paths by itself, way better output then the actual GUI BIOS.

Ps, why reflash Bios? All fine here in that sector.

• Like 1

Great to hear that! Will there be an easy way to upgrade e.g. as with going from 10.9.4. to 10.9.5 or is there a fresh installation necessary (with applying a Timemachine backup from 10.9.x)?

It will be a bit more involved than just a minor update (you'll have to make the installer, boot from it, and install over your old system if you want to upgrade - clean install is also an option)...

Unfortunately, I forgot about myHack not being able to support 10.10 just yet. I am working on a different way to go about the install right now, however it may take some time.