OSX 10.6.7

Thund3rbolt

OSX 10.6.7 was released today. Rumor has it that it was stepped up to fix issues with older 2011 Macbook Pros that are suffering from GPU heating issues. Notably there seems to be a split in the update available. One specific to early 2011 and the other 2 being a combo 10.6.7 and a std 10.6.6.-) 10.6.7 update.

I just performed the std update from 10.6.6 -) 10.6.7 and no issues. Everything is still working as it was in 10.6.6. I did have to use the switch in com.apple.boot.plist for the sleepenabler again. Please add pmVersion=21 before you start your update.

Good news for everyone. :)

You can read about it on cnet and d/l links are also there.

http://reviews.cnet....045613-263.html

post-8-091324600 1300755557_thumb.png

Here's the list of fixes:

• Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac.
  • Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers.
  • Address various minor Mac App Store issues.

Additional improvements

• Includes all the improvements in the previous Mac OS X v10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5, and 10.6.6 updates.
  • Includes Safari 5.0.4.
  • Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
  • For information about the security content of this update, please visit article HT1222.
  • Resolves a window resizing issue with X-Plane 9 on Macs with ATI graphics
  • Addresses an issue with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computers that could cause a kernel panic.
  • Address issues in the AirPort driver for certain devices.
  • Improves brightness on external displays and projectors.
  • Addresses an issue where DVD Player may display black video on some Macs using the 64-bit kernel.
  • Addresses an issue with some NEC displays in which the screen may appear black when connected to a Mac Pro (Mid 2010).
  • Resolves an issue in which some Multiple Master (MM) fonts were missing from Mac Pro (Mid 2010), MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch Mid 2010), and iMac (Mid 2010) computers.
  • Addresses various issues with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computer performance.
  • Resolves an issue in which clicking the Updates tab in the Mac App Store could cause the Mac App Store to become unresponsive.
  • Fixes a problem opening an afp:// URL that points to a file, and changes the AFP mount path to conform to previous Mac OS X releases. For details, see article HT4538.
  • Includes the ability to repair certain issues that may prevent hardware RAID volumes from mounting. For more information, see article TS3631.
  • Fixes a rare issue in Mac OS X v10.6.5 that could cause user accounts to disappear from the Login window and System Preferences after putting the system to sleep.
  • Improves the reliability of dragging files or folders to the Trash when using an NFS home directory.

Ok so first problem with 10.6.7

Everything is running slower than usual and garage band keeps telling me that parts of my track weren't played.

Secondly I just got the "your mac needs to be restarted. Please press and hold the power key and then press the power key" message on the grey back ground. I the middle of recording a song! I've only ever seen that at boot up.

I'm running the latest EDP 1.7

• Administrators

try diskutility and repair permissions see if that helps. I ran it on mine before the update to 10.6.7 and had no errors. but after the 10.6.7 mac update had a ton of em.. and none related to EDP. basically it was all the stuff apple updated. some it didn't even want to repair go figure and there the ones that modified it! lol.. looks like apple is getting sloppy.

Good point Bronx. I had forgot about running disk repair since my main system is so flippin fast to begin with but sure enough after running it I gained an increase in performance and mostly noticeable at startup. I think Apple was in a hurry to get this out since all those macbook pros could literally cook .. most of them still under applecare.

After update to 10.6.7 both my machines were having corrupt HD's. Wich they didn't have prior the update. I am using Onyx to check SMART attributes and volume integrity now and than. But especially prior an OS update. They were fine, but I needed to start from my external drive for both, repair the volumes and permissions to have them clean again.

Actually I started to use OS X because Windows was just giving me too much trouble. It is bloated, prone to get even more bloated over time (with all the remains of uninstalled programs). It's losing performance over time and after a while only a complete new installation would heal this. Also, Service Pack 1 for Win7 was a nightmare. If you have more than one language installed and your default language is not English, it would brick the installation and end up in nirvana.

Well, with the revenue and the market cap surpassing MS, Apple is apparently trying to surpass MS in sloppiness as well.