shoult

shoult

Place - Nashville, TN USA

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I have been using some form of Hackintosh for a little over 2 years, although not much.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

My first Hackintosh was a MSI Wind using the OSx86Wind distro This was a triple boot XP/OSX/Ubuntu box. I then built a small Atom based desktop using the Wind distro. Both work wonderfully, until OSX moved along. The further OSX got from 10.4 the harder the Wind was to keep running right. I finally gave up. I still have the desktop box although very little new software runs on a 10.5.4. I tried other distros, but never again got a 100% working Mac.

Now I have a Dell Vostro 220 running Lion installed using MyHack 2.0 RC1. It's not 100%, but I just have this feeling the MyHack style of install is the way to go. I have fixed the ethernet problem. Sound is still not working at all and I'm waiting on a new video card.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

I am the IT department for a small company. We have about 120 PCs and 6 Macs which I have to support. I can always come up with a PC to troubleshoot problems on, but finding a Mac to work on is nearly impossible.

-Your general computer skill level.

I've been in the biz since about 79-80 starting out by building a single board computer with 1K RAM and 1k ROM using a two decimal display & TTY output.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

I've spent the last 20+ years working on DOS/Windows boxes with only minimal time to use OSX. All my Machine, Assembly and Basic programming skills are LONG lost. I still do a fair bit of Scripting in DOS/Windows and am starting to do more and more Powershell.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

Wish I did.