nesnfsn

nesnfsn

-Where you are from/where you live:

Florida, USA (In a suburb of Fort Lauderdale)

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this):

A couple of years.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any):

I had started with one of those all in one osx86 distributions for a Leopard desktop hack. Have been playing with a Sony Vaio Notebook for last 1.5 years, and was able to install 10.6 with Nawcom's assistance. Still having issues with graphics capabilites on internal display (external shows QE/CI and full 512 MB at 1600x1200x32 resolution), and no Ethernet. Want to install 10.7 with myHack on a desktop system I am currently in the process of purchasing its component.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh:

As a computer hobbyist since college (initially Comp. Sci. major, then dropped out not wanting to work with mainframes my whole adult life, and returned to eventually attend and graduate from law school) and owner of a few G4 and G5 computers, wanted to explore the usage of Leopard and Snow Leopard on Intel platform. My wife and I run a small private school, and teach the students about linux. Without violating any laws or rights of Apple, want to explore possibilities of using other OS (such as Apple's OS X) on their Intel based computers. Just to open their minds to the possibilities.

-Your general computer skill level:

Played with computers as a student in high school in late 1970s, worked on mainframes for 1 year at college, and after returning to college, have built dozens of computers for my family and for work. Have taught my teenage daughters about building and programming computers, and periodically provide guidance to students at our school. Also have installed and maintained iMac (lampshade models) based network at the school.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any):

I have not worked in any programming languages since being a Comp. Sci. major in the early 1980s at college, but have been an avid Linux enthusiast since late 1980s, and generally tinker and putt around various pcs for myself, family, school and work. Basically, I am a troubleshooter (some would say I'm just trouble).

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community:

I would be willing to test new versions of your installer and any utilities and apps that users post. I will also provide feedback and assistance to others to the extent that I am knowledgeable.