lion loaded all kexts

fatih75

am triple booting ( windows7 , snow leopard 10.6.8)in laptop hd ,lion 10.7.1 on external disk

my snow is the default .

all kexts in S/L/E it will be loaded at boot there are two method to solve :

1- rebuild manually mkext and cache

2- add UseKernelCache=Yes to boot.plist

both fail to me because my laptop boot from snow

what happen for me is some time lion boot ok and more time kp unless i use -f

To use UseKernelCache option you need to have all needed next for your system (including FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement) on your /System/Library/Extensions folder...

I think that`s the cause that you can only boot with the -f option, this option force the boot loader scan all your

extensions folders (/E/E and /S/L/E) instead of "kernelcache"

To use UseKernelCache option you need to have all needed next for your system (including FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement) on your /System/Library/Extensions folder...

I think that`s the cause that you can only boot with the -f option, this option force the boot loader scan all your

extensions folders (/E/E and /S/L/E) instead of "kernelcache"

thank for reply put i install all E/E to S/L/E use kext wizard and also kp the matter with dual boot of snow and lion

thank for reply put i install all E/E to S/L/E use kext wizard and also kp the matter with dual boot of snow and lion

Take a picture of the kernel panic and place here...

I've had Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion running at the same time (even on the same disk) and never had problems ...

You can also try a newer version of the chameleon ..

Take a picture of the kernel panic and place here...

I've had Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion running at the same time (even on the same disk) and never had problems ...

You can also try a newer version of the chameleon ..

thank you

i update to newer version of chameleon now running smooth and nice without KP