boot0: test , boot0: error GPT

Entrar

Hi,

I was able to install MyHack 2 RC1 with no problem.

Now, with the same hardware I did that, I cant make lion to work.

I was able to install RC4.1, but as soon I try to boot after installing chameleon+extre, I get this on the screen.

boot0: GTP

boot0: test

boot0: error

and get stack there.

So I tried to install with RC1 and work with no problem.

Any clue on this one?

do you have a 1TB+ hard drive with 4K sectors? if yes read here http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/issues/129/. they haven't fixed that yet.

i have the same issue, what i did is that i took a usb memory (pen drive), formatted Mac OS Extended Journaled and installed chameleon on it. set it as first boot device on BIOS. and it works flawlessly.

Well, I use the MyHack USB stick to boot the new installation in this case.

I have a second hackintosh that WORKS with exact the same Hardware EXCEPT that the video card is a nvidia 7200 now and the working one is a nvidea 420. Tomorrow I will switch videocards an see what happens. I remember I got this problem ones that I used 7xxx cards not suported on 64 bits OS.

ok. confirmed. NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VIDEOCARD. I`m whetting the same error.

The strange thing is that I have a working lion on a 2 tera disk working installed with my hack rc1.

How can I identify with is the difference in the installation ?

Drives with 4K sectors won't work with the current chameleon installation methods or chameleon in general, you will need to use another device without 4K sectors to boot your system for now. I'd suggest (budget permitting) that you invest in an SSD for your OS drive and use the 2TB drives as storage for documents/multimedia. I use a 60GB OCZ Vertex 2 for my OS, as well as a 'failsafe' partition that contains a lion installation environment which is useful if i need to fix something but don't want to dig around for my usb stick (kind of like my own little recovery partition). I then have 2x 1TB drives in RAID1 for storage and multimedia, everything else is on my NAS.

I recently acquired a new notebook, an hp probook 4530s, and it came with a 750GB 7200RPM drive. Which, as it turns out, has 4K sectors, which as you know was quite frustrating.

I got tired very quickly of using a usb stick to boot the system so I found a solution. Boot with a linux live cd/usb and use the linux dd command to install chameleon's boot1h to your OSX partition.

My OS X drive is GPT type and located on sda under linux so I issued the following command.

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/sda2 bs=4096

Boots like a champ now ;)

Hi all!

I have a similar problem with myHack.

I tried to install Mountain Lion (10.8) on my hackint0sh, but I cannot even get to the install screen. I done everything as it was written in the guide, but when I try to boot from the USB I get this error:

boot0: error

Here is the config of my hackint0sh:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5 Rev.2 (BIOS version: FE)

Memory: 6GB Kingston (1333 MHz)

VGA: nVidia 460 GTX (Made by Asus)

Sound card: Integrated, Realtek ALC889

Note:

I'm using OS X Lion (10.7.4) now, which is have a problem with booting, I need to use rBoot every time I want to boot into the OS X.

What could be the problem ?

The error with 4k drives is no longer a problem since myHack 3.0 - there is an issue however with the boot1h installation if you install to anything other than the first partition on a GPT device, I still have to correct this issue by myHack 3.2, with the loss of my workstation and as behind as I am in my actual real life work I haven't had time to correct it.

Use manual installation methods to dd boot1h to your EFI partition on the GPT device to resolve the problem for now.