A few questions

bobdamnit

• Administrators

that would be great if you supply us with a linux dump. on the bios front, CRC injects the DSDT.aml, Slic 2.1 for native windows 7 activation, and the rest is cosmetics. so bios is intact just added 2 things to it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be great if you supply us with a linux dump. on the bios front, CRC injects the DSDT.aml, Slic 2.1 for native windows 7 activation, and the rest is cosmetics. so bios is intact just added 2 things to it

Can do on the linux dump. Soon as OS X finishes restoring the SL DVD to my flash drive, I will definitely get you a linux DSDT dump. (Coming from Backtrack 4 R2, which is based on Debian.) Will post it in the "Native DSDT.aml files" thread for you guys, with all the proper documentation about my machine.

I think I'll hold off on the BIOS then. I've purchased Windows 7 Ultimate, so I'm not too worried about SLIC injection. Plus, the laptop will only be running OS X, so if I don't need the BIOS mod, I wont use it.

ps the bootdisk methode is the fastest way if you don't have acess to a working osx of any type... (and alot faster than dumping in a virtual enviroment)

Yeah, I know. I just don't have any DL DVD's, DVD's or CD's at the time lol.

Thats why I'm trying to avoid having a bootdisk. It may take a little longer, but when I'm done I'm hoping to have a flash drive thats tailored to my machine for booting/installing OS X. Just incase I manage to brick my install, ya know?

Just trying to make things a little less expensive, and easier later. :D

Ohhh why didn't you tell me that in the first place.... lol... :)

Because I originally didn't intend on doing it that way. I was going to use a bootdisk, until I started thinking about the implications of having a USB stick tailored specifically to my Latitude and OS X.

DSDT dump coming very shortly. OS X is finally done restoring the DVD to the USB stick.

{EDIT}

DSDT is up on the DSDT page for my Latitude D520 BIOS A08.

8GB USB Stick is sufficient for your needs. You can format it, restore the retail SL DVD to it (Disk Utility) and install Chameleon on it like described here. After that you need to copy the content of the Extra.zip (same wiki article) and you are good to go. Boot from stick into the SL DVD image and run installation.

Instead of starting a new thread (I like clean forums. I see you guys do too!) I figured I'd continue in here.

I'm not sure why, but I just can not get Chameleon to install on my USB stick from Leopard in a virtual machine. I started installing Chameleon this morning around 9am, and had to do some running for work. I figured by the time I get back, it would be finished.

Nope. Its currently 1pm and its still sitting in the same spot I left it. According to the logs, it gets stuck extracting the BOM Archive from the Chameleon package. Just won't go any further, and the installer display says "Installing i386 package" and estimated time remaining is 5 minutes. Well, its been a little over 4 hours, and its not going anywhere.

Any ideas?

try the other method with creating a pen in linux using the premade image..

Actually, I'm currently in the process of attempting that.

We'll see how it goes.

{Edit}

Well, the D620SLV1.iso bootdisk that someone linked me to worked first, and works properly. It booted my USB drive just fine.

Now my question is whether or not drivers are going to be loaded into OS X from the bootdisk? Or, can I add the drivers from the /Extra package that was on the wiki to the USB drive?

Or is OS X going to install with the default settings, and I have to run EDP afterwords? What about DSDT?

Oh boy. It seems I have more questions than answers. :(