Mageye

mageye

-Where you are from/where you live.

Nr. Leicester, England, United Kingdom

-How long you have used a hackint0sh (if this is your first time, state that you are new to this).

I think for a couple of years now starting with 10.5.8 and moving up through the versions and releases.

-A brief summary of your experiences in hackint0shing (if any).

I have spent many long hours scratching my head and watching the pinwheel or just a grey boot screen. Hours of frustration (days in fact). However in most situations I feel that my research and time commitment has paid off. A working hackint0sh can be very rewarding. I have learned lots and have a thirst to learn much more. I wouldn't regard myself as an expert but I am keen and determined.

-What triggered your interest in hackint0sh.

So sweet really. It was my girlfriend. Long distance relationship and I wanted to be able to help resolve problems she was getting on OS X. I had a PC and knew Windows. Apple stuff was completely new to me so when I found that it was possible to run on PC hardware I just had to take a look. Now I use OS X every day and would say I have become an advocate of the OS.

-Your general computer skill level.

Well I have always had an interest in computing on many different levels. I am not a programmer but will try to get stuck in with most things and like to apply logic when resolving computer issues. I like to build custom PC's and like to fault find. I also like to tune the performance and squeeze every last instruction cycle from our computers precious resources. Again I am not an expert but would consider myself to have a moderate computing competence.

-List any technical experience you have in various operating systems and programming languages (if any).

General experience of Windows XP Pro. I probably know XP best. Also now I have a reasonable knowledge of OS X Snow Leopard. I really can't say that I am a programmer. I am not unfortunately.

-If you have any talents/skills that you would like to offer to help the community (optional).

I am logical and analytical (also patient sometimes). I like to fault find and also like to help others where I can. I believe in sharing knowledge and if we all share then we can move further, quicker.