Problem & Progress in (Mountain) Lion Installation

digital farmer

Actually what is coming down the pipe is also that all i386 support is going to be removed from ML. So any graphics that relied on 32bit extensions = will not work. Sounding like you are going to need a new graphics card digtal farmer.

Hi..

Thanks Thanks Thanks for the replies :)

@General Conti: Yes I've already tried that line in org.chameleon.Boot.plist with no luck. Still 1024x768, 3MB, Not recognized. Maybe I'll try it once more after this to make sure.

Right now I'm reading this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 28733&st=0

I hope I can learn something from it.

Any help & guide from you about it or maybe about other methods that I can try will make me happier, please :D

@Mac Hosehead: Tks for the info & link. Yea man, I know that this my Graphic Card is old :) that I may have to replace it with other card that works OOB with SL, Lion or Mt Lion (I was thinking about cheap GF 210, I hope it's compatible with all of them, no ?).

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVID ... ifications

IMHO I know people are different, but for me: it's easy (and bit boring) to just buy the newest expensive peripherals and install it just like that - the way tonycrap's people do (and the stupid thing in that community is that they still have trouble with that their 'shiny expensive, follow exactly the tonycrap's guide' gears :lol: .....

You'll easily get 'booed' there if you 'dare' to ask about cheaper peripherals... or sometime even if it's not Gigabyte!! :lol::lol::lol: )

You know, there's fun factor in learning & trying to make older peripheral card - that some people may say that it will not ever work- to be able to work, if you now what I mean :) It's kind like a challenge haha.

I've been told before by many people in forums that my 7300 GS will not work - even since 10.6.3. But they're wrong. So maybe the info in your link is true now, but still I'd give it some more try before 'surrender' :) I know it has it's limit sometimes tho :)

Apologize for my english limitation.

P.S.:

Oops I just realize that this post is already on the 2nd page of this thread. Sorry Conti, I just read your last post above :D

Thank you for the reply & link..

A friend sells her new old stock Asus GF 210 for cheap (about $10) but I think it's sold now :lol:

I don't know what cheap card to buy, but after fast read wiki.osx86project.org I'm thinking of that old 8400 GS.. haven't decided yet though..

Actually - personally - Hard Drive is my priority now,..I'm running out of storage space and their price haven't come back down yet :P

I have to back up my files ASAP before some accidentally damage happen, haven't done this for long enough.. I'm in danger :lol: