AppleACPIBattery.kext

Bronxteck

• Administrators

An alternative to VoodooBattery.

Go to energy saver prefpane and check "show battery status on the menu bar" to activate.

My system seems to boot faster. (For me there's usually a delay after loading pcmcia with voodoobattery.) maybe it will also help with people having issues with battery showingAppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

An alternative to VoodooBattery.

Go to energy saver prefpane and check "show battery status on the menu bar" to activate.

My system seems to boot faster. (For me there's usually a delay after loading pcmcia with voodoobattery.) maybe it will also help with people having issues with battery showingAppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip

Funny ... I'm using AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext for two weeks now but was never sure about if it changed anything. Good to see that you've noticed the differences in speed.

• Administrators

i'm also testing it.. think we have a winner :) .. so faar i havent seen any bugs, it do have the same bug as the voodoo one with not being able to work with istat, but again, i havet really seen any that can...

can some please test this one so we know if we can add it to 1.5

• Administrators

Leon.. Mariuz you and I are testing it thats 3 :D

Mariusz have you tried it in S/L/E without the nub kext part? It works perfect on my Intel GMA D620. when you install it in Extra it doesn't load properly because IOPci takes control first when PCMCIA kext is in E/E.

• Administrators

Yes leon I can boot without pc card inserted. I tried the EDP from 18/12/2010 and I had a serious Kernel panic What was modified in the DSDT for D6x0? I Get cpu errors Sometimes will get to apple acpi then cpu panic. Running on leppys boot disc right now after like 50 reboots since last night.

That not cured my glitch. i want to see the battery status with istat but cannot achieved. tried all the acpibattery and voodoo stuff. i have a d630 with x3100. anyone? any solutions before i totally forget it :D